Dow Jones, Reporter - German Language Service (Berlin)
4 days left
- Full Time
The German service of Dow Jones Newswires is seeking a Reporter in Berlin to cover economic and political developments with a focus on energy policy including reporting on the main utilities in this sector in Germany.
- Reporting on economic and political developments in Berlin with a focus on energy policy and supporting the dedicated government reporters
- Reporting on several DAX companies and mid/small caps in the energy sector
- Covering earnings, M&A activities, new orders, changes in the management team and developments in the respective industry
- Writing flash headlines, fills, updates, analytical pieces and previews
- Attending press conferences and industry events
- Using news judgement to assess news priorities.
- Generating story ideas
- Conducting interviews in person and on the phone
- Cultivating a network of sources
- Working with other corporate reporters across the EMEA region, Asia-Pacific and the Americas
Skills & Experience:
- Excellent German skills since the working language is German (not English)
- Experience in corporate and government reporting
- A real-time focus
- Proven writing and editing skills to make also complex subjects understandable
- Proven ability to write fast, accurate and authoritative real-time copy on the main story of the day and the ambition to execute original enterprise pieces for our online and print platforms
- Understanding of how corporations report earnings, how economies are being measured and how financial markets react to news
- Ability to juggle speed and accuracy at the same time. The jobholder must be able to work in a high-pressure environment effectively with the ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Click 'Apply' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video.
Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).