Formative Content, Journalist / Content Editor / Commissioning Editor
5 days left
- Full Time
This is Formative Content. Over the last few years we’ve experienced substantial growth and have seen our award-winning content marketing agency go from strength to strength.
And we’re showing no signs of stopping.
Our global client base has come to expect excellence from us, as we continue to build and drive the success of some of the world’s biggest brands.
We’re always on the lookout for new team members who are going to inspire their colleagues, develop their own personal skills and delight our clients.
Due to our ongoing growth we are on the lookout for an experienced Journalist/Content Editor to work across a range of global clients, supporting our Senior Content Editors in driving the creative editorial process.
We’re looking for someone with journalistic training (BA, NCTJ etc) and a minimum of five years’ hands-on editorial experience working in content, ideally in the B2B / corporate space.
We produce multi-format content for our clients, so you should have an in-depth knowledge of social media, video and written content along with a good understanding of how to use data to help develop content strategy and show results.
With the Senior Content Editors, your job will be to help ensure our clients are continually delighted by the content we are creating for them, and that it meets their strategic aims and objectives.
While creativity is important, and there will be opportunities to craft video scripts, write articles and help develop content strategies, attention to detail and time management will also be essential skills to help manage multiple clients and work streams at the same time.
At Formative, we believe strongly in the value of creating a diverse and inclusive workforce. We welcome applicants from any and all backgrounds
Here is an overview of the role outline and skills/qualifications required:
Responsibilities and Key Tasks:
- Working closely with the Senior Content Editors and Client Service teams to develop exceptional and creative editorial strategies in line with client goals.
- Joining client meetings with Client Service teams to explain editorial approach and outline content ideas and themes.
- Developing detailed briefs for specific pieces of content as part of the overall editorial strategy.
- Working with the Managing Editor to coordinate Content Service teams in the development of content programmes, including project managing using appropriate tools and systems.
- Working with Content Service teams to ensure work is completed within budgeted hours, and to brief.
- Content creation as required.
Skills, Attributes and Qualifications:
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience in editorial roles (preferably B2B / Corporate)
- Creative editorial approach across all content disciplines and formats
- In-depth knowledge of major social channels (particularly LinkedIn) and how to develop content strategies on these
- Experience delivering impactful video content – from scripting through to conducting interviews
- Outstanding storytelling skills
- Team player with an open, collaborative approach at all times
- Strong level of personal effectiveness, able to juggle multiple tasks and continually prioritise/re-prioritise as required
- Previous digital agency experience an asset.
Our ways of working at Formative Content have shifted enormously because of the coronavirus pandemic, during which we've all been working entirely remotely.
While we do eventually plan an optional return to our Beaconsfield newsroom for some Covid-secure in-office connection with team members, we see the future including a high level of remote working.
We're therefore happy for our new team member to be located anywhere within the UK, on the understanding that there will be times that visits to the office will be required - perhaps once or twice a month.
We have been fortunate enough to shift most of our culture, personal development and leadership principles to a remote environment. We believe that working at Formative Content is more than just a job.
We work hard to build and maintain a fun, close-knit, high-performing and engaging culture. Every team member has an Individual Learning & Development plan which serves as a roadmap for their development activities throughout the year.
Due to our growth story, we have the unique ability to offer opportunities and a career trajectory that few agencies can match.
At the end of the day, we want our team members to not only love their work but the company as well. If this sounds like the right fit for you, we look forward to hearing from you - click 'APPLY NOW'.
Recruitment Agencies please note: we do not use external third parties to assist in our recruitment process. We would appreciate absolutely no unsolicited phone or e-mail outreach at this time.
Contract length: 6 months