Montel, Environmental Markets Reporter
4 days left
- Full Time
Montel News, a Norway-based independent newswire specialising in energy, seeks a reporter to cover European environmental markets.
The reporter will join one of Europe’s largest editorial desks dedicated to energy and a fast-growing team – developing the leading energy news platform on the continent.
The position will suit news-driven reporters looking to take their journalism skills to the next level in a busy newswire environment with a global reach.
Montel’s journalists are some of the most experienced in the energy markets, offering the right candidate a unique environment in which to thrive. We offer a competitive salary and benefits.
The successful candidate will be able to write articles quickly under time pressure, generate exclusive and off-diary stories. You will need to be familiar with financial markets and comfortable with interviewing key figures from the energy industry or politics.
Please note that during the recruitment process we will only contact shortlisted candidates for an initial writing test under deadline, followed by a final interview.
Main skills required:
- Native-level English language skills, both spoken and written.
- Familiarity with energy markets and/or financial journalism will be beneficial but not essential.
- Some data journalism experience, or at the least an affinity with numbers, is a bonus as our news coverage is highly data driven.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Covering the guarantee of origin market across Europe, identifying key price drivers
- Writing price driving news for GOs/RECS/IREC/REGO markets, and green hydrogen. Writing market comments
- Covering the ever growing renewable PPA sector, developing contacts and establishing relationships with companies active or looking to be active in PPAs.
- Collecting and analysing data on PPA projects and prices, identifying news
- Liaising with key industry stakeholders (buyers, sellers, traders, brokers, developers) and identifying relevant news stories (spot news as well as features and interviews)
- Being up to date with the relevant policy developments at national and EU level
- Synthesising complex information quickly
- Establishing and maintaining databases
The terms of employment will depend on the candidates’ experience and the location of the position.
Start date, location: TBC.
Please click 'APPLY NOW' to send a CV and covering letter by 2 October.
If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact:
Richard Sverrisson, Editor in Chief Europe: +47 404 882 87
Norway-based publisher Montel delivers services to customers in more than 30 countries.
In addition to online news and market data from across the energy markets, Montel publishes magazines and newsletters, and hosts a number of industry events across Europe every year. Montel has satellite offices in France, Germany, Poland, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, and the UK.