The Sun, Deputy Editor - Fabulous Daily
News UK is a company full of talented, dedicated and creative people. We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a passion for storytelling, capturing moments, meaning and magic to make sense of the world.
Our newspapers reach more than 30 million people each week and include The Sun, The Times and The Sunday Times. News UK is also home to Wireless, a leading UK and Irish media company boasting independent local and national radio stations.
Fabulous is looking for a talented and experienced editor to become a key member of Britain’s biggest women’s lifestyle brand.
To deputise for the Editor of Fab Daily, creating and overseeing great daily women’s content - everything from real life stories to investigations, lifestyle and fashion content. These will be published in the Fab Daily section, on the website and in the rest of the newspaper.
You will be an experienced manager, a forensic editor, incredibly organised and with a talent for nurturing junior staff and great at collaborating with a wider team.
- Deputise for the Fab Daily Editor when required
- Come up with great, news-pegged and original ideas for the Fab Daily pages and the front of the newspaper
- Manage writers and more junior editors
- Be aware of Fabulous’ competitive set and how we can better them.
- Take on ad-hoc responsibilities as and when required to ensure the success of the team
Key Skills and Experience:
- Previous experience of managing writers
- Experience working at a senior level, preferably in print journalism, and a good understanding of digital and social platforms.
- A passion for women's content and an ability to write and edit everything from real life stories to gritty investigations and fashion and lifestyle features.
- Unflappable under pressure and delivers work at a consistently high standard.
- Excellent copy editor and rewriter
- A good eye for the best picture and experience of organising photo shoots
- Proactive and displays a willingness to take on any task.
- Positive attitude and good team player
- Takes initiative in order to achieve desired results
- Self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver
- Experience working collaboratively
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of the Fabulous and Sun brands, both print and digital.
Click 'APPLY' now.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.