Deutsche Welle, DW Traineeship (Bonn / Berlin)
Our 18-month, bilingual journalism traineeship gets underway 1 September, 2021 at our broadcasting centers in Bonn and Berlin.
Applications are open from 26 October, 2020 to 27 November, 2020. We accept online applications only.
The DW traineeship is one of the most prestigious journalism training programs in Germany and beyond, and gives you the skills needed to become a successful multimedia reporter and editor.
DW trainees receive a salary and gain hands-on experience in TV, online and radio with a combination of practical training blocks and newsroom placements.
Trainees also explore journalism trends of the future, ranging from digital storytelling to data journalism and virtual reality.
In addition, various journalism projects give you the chance to develop your own innovative content. Trainees also benefit from DW's close ties with Major German and international media houses.
We are looking for creative minds who reflect language and cultural diversity and who have something to say.
- Fluent speaker of one of DW's languages, or fluent English speaker with good German language skills, or fluent German speaker with excellent English language skills
- Completed university degree, college degree or apprenticeship (especially with a background in technology/IT, science, politics, economics or law)
- Initial journalistic experience
- Creative mind
- Social media expertise
- Office skills, basic audio and video production skills, data processing skills
- Ability to work under deadlines independently and as part of a team
The traineeship offers
- Acquisition of journalism skills
- Seminars on all relevant journalism topics, conducted by renowned trainers
- Placements with various DW editorial departments in Bonn and Berlin as well as in one of our foreign bureaus in Brussels, Washington or Moscow
- Introduction to producing your own content for TV, radio or online formats, from generating ideas to technical production
- Placements in Germany, Europe and worldwide
- Technical know-how for TV, radio and online
- Trainee’s salary after traineeship completion
- Prospect of ongoing contract working for DW worldwide
Click 'APPLY' now.
Deutsche Welle (DW) is Germany's international broadcaster producing multimedia in-depth content in 30 languages worldwide.
DW is complemented by DW Akademie which promotes the human right to freedom of expression and access to information in approximately 50 developing and transition countries.
As a German public broadcaster, DW is proud of its varied and quality journalism content and which provides space for a wide-range of voices and contributes to media diversity. Women are encouraged to apply. Qualified applicants with severe disabilities will be given special consideration.