Montel, Content Writer / Blogger / Copy Editor - Power Markets, Market Intelligence & Technology
We are hiring a versatile content writer with blogging, social media and copy-editing skills to join our fast-growing marketing and communications team.
Montel has been a newswire and market data distributor in the European power markets for more than 25 years.
We are now gradually transforming into a European group of tech-driven companies offering a wide range of products for professionals. As one of our content writers, you will help spread the word about this transformation and our products.
Key duties and qualifications
- Researching and writing about diverse topics linked to power markets, market data, technology innovations and the green transition, creating quality content fuelling our inbound marketing.
- Ensure our copy in English is sharp and engages both native speakers and our target audiences across Europe.
- Interviewing users of our services and product developers, enabling you to write concisely and convincingly about the benefits our products offer – always with existing and potential new customers and investors in mind.
- Being able to confidently convey a message in front of a camera is a desired qualification, as we regularly produce video tutorials, broadcasts and podcasts.
- Experience from price, tech or market reporting is a bonus.
Picture a manager who oversees power plant operations, a high-frequency trader, an investor in renewables – and you pretty much get an idea of the spread of professionals we aim to convert to customers.
Products you would typically write about include:
- Forecasts for solar, wind and hydropower production, driven by machine learning technology and mathematical modelling.
- Risk hedging products such as price forward curves, technical analysis and price forecasts.
- Market data from a huge variety of sources.
- Climate and weather data for developers of wind and solar power, as well as PPAs.
- Policy and regulation that affect how markets work and drive technology innovation.
- Data feed solutions, integration and modelling.
Perhaps you have already checked Montel’s homepage? Then you’ll probably understand why and how it needs to change to properly convey the full range of services referred to above. If not, this may not be the right position for you.
If yes, you may be the one to help us transform our outbound communications, using social media channels, events, newsletters, blogs, movies, animations, podcasts, TV ads, etc.
If you tick most of the boxes above, please apply!
Location and terms
Montel is headquartered in Oslo, Norway, and has offices in nine European countries. We are looking to offer the successful candidate a fixed position (following a trial period) in the UK.
We are based in Fitzrovia, central London, where you – post-COVID-19 – would be sharing an office with members of our newswire team. Other European locations could be an option. Other members of the content and marketing team are based in Oslo.
The terms of employment will depend on the candidate’s experience.
Start date: TBC
Please click 'APPLY NOW' to send a CV and covering letter.
Please note: We like to keep our administration at a minimum, so we’re often only able to contact successful applicants. If you haven't heard from us within 14 days your application has probably been unsuccessful on this occasion.