POLITICO, Social Media Producer (Brussels)
POLITICO is looking for a Social Media Producer to help maximize the impact of our journalism by building the audience and engaging with readers.
As a member of our Production team you will work closely with the Audience Development Editor and the Production Editor to help create a unique voice for POLITICO on social media, engage with our users and share our content on all networks — including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
You should have experience managing a news organization’s social accounts during breaking news and live events. You will be able to write sharp headlines/teasers and have a sound grasp of how to use voice and tone on social media to engage users while channeling the expertise in the POLITICO newsroom.
You will also work with the wider Production team to publish and promote articles, alerts and newsletters. You will be prepared to work shifts and weekends on a rotational basis, along with the rest of the production team.
- A passion for news and a strong interest in how information travels online.
- At least a year of journalism experience.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Experience running branded social media accounts for a news publisher.
- Experience building a vibrant online community (personal or branded, private or public).
- Experience producing and editing photos, graphics and possibly video for social media.
Preferable but not essential:
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop/InDesign/Premiere (or equivalent software).
- Experience using CrowdTangle and Twitter Analytics.
- Ability to investigate and verify claims on social media.
- Experience using social management tools (SocialFlow, HootSuite or similar).
- Experience reading and using analytics (including scale and engagement metrics) to make decisions.
- Experience with other social networks such as YouTube, Tumblr, Snapchat, Reddit, Yelp, Wikipedia, etc.
- Proficiency in other European languages.
It is POLITICO's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age or any other characteristic protected by local laws and regulations.
Additional Application Instructions:
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click 'APPLY' and send a cover letter and CV. Please note that we will only consider complete applications (cover letter and CV in English).
Applications will be processed on an ongoing basis. Applicants are encouraged to come forward as soon as possible to maximize their chances.