POLITICO, UK Correspondent (London)
POLITICO is looking for an ambitious, creative, senior reporter to join its Westminster team.
We provide non-partisan, distinctive journalism for policy and political professionals in Westminster and internationally. This reporter will join a growing team in the U.K. that is committed to finding innovative ways to win our audience’s attention.
This role would suit a scoop-hungry, energetic journalist who is looking to stand out and enjoys writing distinctive long-reads.
- Develop scoops and original story ideas — get more people in Westminster talking about Politico
- Cover breaking news in Westminster and come up with original ways to move stories on
- Contribute news and analysis for Politico’s policy subscription products as well as for the free website
The ideal candidate
- Politics obsessive — demonstrable interest in Westminster politics and policy
- Strong track record of breaking news
- Strong attention to detail and unafraid of digging into policy coverage in some depth
- Unafraid to experiment, approach stories in different ways and confident breaking from the lobby press pack
- Relevant network of contacts, though not necessarily prior experience as a Westminster lobby correspondent
- Comfortable working at speed and developing longer-term projects
- Self-starter with a willingness to work somewhat flexibly
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click 'APPLY' and send a cover letter, CV and writing examples as soon as possible. Please note that we will only consider complete applications (cover letter and CV in English).
It is POLITICO's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age or any other characteristic protected by local laws and regulations.