Dow Jones, Research Editor - Due Diligence (Barcelona)
The role of the Due Diligence Research Editor is to research and write high-quality reports on companies and/or individuals using a combination of publically-available and proprietary sources.
The editor is also required to provide training/mentoring and leadership to other Research Editors in the wider Data Strategy research team when necessary, and ensure that targets and deadlines are met.
The Research Editor will work closely with the Due Diligence Quality Analysts and the Manager, who are responsible for delivering the Due Diligence reports and ensuring the quality of output by the research team in Barcelona, London, Princeton, Shanghai and Singapore.
The Research Editor works closely with the other members of the Due Diligence team and their fellow researchers to ensure that the reports and daily updates meet client requirements in terms of content quality, accuracy, timeliness and completeness by establishing and monitoring standards.
They will also contribute to the tools, data, audits and guidelines that will support each member of the team to produce the highest quality data possible.
The Research Editor may also be called on to assist other teams in Data Strategy with special projects from time to time, according to their individual skills and knowledge.
We are looking for talented professionals to fill a vacancy in our Barcelona office.
- Fluency in English AND in at least one of the following: Portuguese, Nordic languages, Russian, Arabic. Fluency in other languages will be considered.
- Excellent writing skills, including the ability to summarize complex information clearly and precisely from another language into English
- Previous experience in the field of Due Diligence is a significant advantage.
- Ability to identify wholly with Dow Jones's service obligations to its clients
- Strong research skills, including online search tools. Tenacity and ingenuity in the pursuit of sources and information. Library skills a plus
- Strong editing and proofreading skills. Prior experience in research or editorial role an advantage
- Ability to handle large volumes of information and meet tight deadlines
- Excellent organisation and communication skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly Microsoft Word, and good keyboard skills
- Ability to work as part of a multicultural team, to build and maintain good working relationships
- Ability to accept feedback as a learning opportunity
- Ability to adapt readily to changing customer requirements, positive outlook on change, self-motivated and flexible
- Ability to prioritise and excellent time-management skills
- Ability to work well under pressure
- Team player with a high level of initiative and a proactive approach to work, willingness to take ownership of tasks and issues and follow up to ensure that they are successfully brought to completion
- Understanding of when to request assistance or escalate issues to a manager
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ideally educated to degree level
- Knowledge of and interest in international affairs and politics; understanding of economics
- Specialist legal, business or financial knowledge an advantage
If this position matches your experience, skills and motivations please click 'APPLY' to submit your CV and a covering letter detailing why you feel you are suitable for the role.
Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities.
Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead.
More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.