Dow Jones, Research Editor - State Owned Companies (Barcelona)
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, Dow Jones Newswires, Dow Jones VentureSource, and Dow Jones Risk & Compliance.
About Dow Jones Risk & Compliance
Dow Jones Risk & Compliance provides third-party risk management and regulatory compliance solutions. Working with clients across the globe, we have created products and services to help companies evaluate third-party risks quickly and with confidence.
We provide research tools and services for onboarding, vetting and investigation to help companies comply with anti-money laundering, anti-corruption and economic sanctions regulations in mitigating third-party risk.
With a global team of expert researchers, flexible delivery options and enriched third-party risk data, our suite of compliance solutions empower compliance professionals to reduce risks while conserving limited resources.
About the Role
The role of the Research Editor, State Owned Companies, is to research, record and update details on companies owned or controlled governments around the world.
These details are required for the Dow Jones State Owned Companies (SOC) database which forms part of the Dow Jones Risk & Compliance business.
You will report to the Manager, State-Owned Companies.
The role of the Research Editor is also to keep the SOC Database up-to-date by scanning and extraction from known information sources and by the ongoing monitoring of new sources.
- Use a range of relevant electronic published sources for each country you will research, including government websites, sources carried on Dow Jones's own products and government/regulatory and company websites.
- Extract data from the above mentioned sources, and follow a set of guidelines on SOC selection and the level of corporate details required.
- Provide the most comprehensive coverage possible of state owned companies while taking care to exclude detail outside the brief.
- Verify the accuracy of the material you and other team members are adding to the database and follow an established set of procedures to do so.
- Keep the SOC Database up-to-date through continual review following team goals.
- Respond quickly, accurately and thoroughly to customer queries.
- Fluency in English and Italian. Other European languages, especially Nordic languages are an advantage
- Research and/or editorial knowledge
- Identify wholly with Dow Jones's service obligations to its Clients
- Excellent research & analytical skills. use online tools to extract essential information.
- Web searching skills; creativity in the pursuit of sources
- Education to Bachelor's degree level
- Excellent proofreading skills
- Keyboard skills and familiarity with Google Docs and Microsoft Office, especially Sheets and Excel
- Handle large volumes of information
- Accept feedback as a learning opportunity
- Advanced Excel (can perform complex functions) and other technical abilities are an advantage.
- Comprehensive Healthcare Plans
- Paid Time Off
- Retirement Plans
- Comprehensive Insurance Plans
- Education Benefits
- Family Care Benefits
- Commuter Transit Program
- Subscription Discounts
- Employee Referral Program
Click 'APPLY' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities.
Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead.
More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.