The Drinks Business, Deputy Editor
The Drinks Business is looking for a diligent deputy editor to join its London-based editorial team. The successful candidate will be expected to produce engaging and accurate content for our monthly magazine and agenda-setting website, and assist with the production of the magazine, helping with everything from picture research and fact checking to proof reading.
In addition to daily news writing duties, you will work closely with the editor on the production of the monthly magazine and will also be responsible for overseeing the production of our bi-monthly sister title, db Asia. The ideal candidate will be ambitious, decisive, detail oriented, highly self-motivated and able to work to tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
We are looking for a candidate with at least three years’ experience in a senior editorial role on a magazine, website or newspaper. An NCTJ qualification is preferable but not essential.
Key duties and responsibilities will include:
- Writing original news stories for the website on a daily basis
- Writing features each month for the magazine on everything from the latest trends in gin to regional focuses on key wine regions
- Interviewing top drinks industry players for the magazine and website
- Assisting the editor in the production of the monthly magazine with everything from picture research and fact checking to proof reading
- Overseeing the production of our bi-monthly sister title, dbAsia
- Managing reports and supplements throughout the year
- Deputising in the editor’s absence
- Supporting the events and sales teams with commercial content
- Supporting the news editor with social media content
- Representing the magazine at industry tastings and events
To apply, please send your CV and a cover letter stating why you would be the ideal candidate to join our small, dynamic team to: Lucy Shaw by Thursday 29th April.
Please include three examples of published features with your application. The salary will be dependent upon experience and the successful candidate will be split between remote working and our office in London Bridge.