Montel, Energy Market Reporter (Finland)
Montel News seeks a reporter to cover the Finnish energy market.
The news beat covers wholesale power and gas markets, as well as political and regulatory developments linked to Finland’s carbon neutrality target.
You will join one of Europe’s largest editorial desks dedicated to energy, and a fast-growing team with reporters across the continent.
The position will suit news-driven reporters looking to take their journalism skills to the next level in a busy newswire environment with a global reach. Freelancers will also be considered.
Montel’s journalists are some of the most experienced in the energy markets, offering the right candidate a unique environment in which to thrive. We offer a competitive salary and benefits.
The successful candidate will be able to write articles quickly under time pressure, generate exclusive and on-diary stories.
Main skills required
- Excellent language skills in Finnish and English, both spoken and written. Swedish language skills will be an advantage.
- Familiarity with energy markets and/or financial journalism will be beneficial but not essential.
- Some data journalism experience, or at the least an affinity with numbers, is a bonus as our news coverage is highly data driven.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Covering the Finnish energy industry, with a key focus on the power market
- Following Finland’s transition to a carbon neutral economy
- Developing contacts and establishing relationships with companies in the energy sector
- Being up to date with the relevant policy developments at national and EU level
- Synthesising complex information quickly
The terms of employment will depend on the candidates’ experience and the location of the position.
Application deadline: 20 May 2021
Start date: Q3 2021.
Please click APPLY NOW and send a CV and covering letter by 20 May.
If you have any queries regarding this position, please contact: Olav Vilnes, Editor Nordics, +47 48 20 11 94
Norway-based publisher Montel delivers services to customers in more than 30 countries.
In addition to online news and market data from across the energy markets, Montel publishes magazines and newsletters, and hosts a number of industry events across Europe every year. Montel has satellite offices in France, Germany, Poland, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, and the UK.