POLITICO, UK Trade Reporter
POLITICO is looking for an ambitious trade reporter to join its London team.
We provide non-partisan, distinctive journalism for policy and political professionals in Westminster and internationally. We are excited about the opportunity to expand trade coverage as the U.K. develops an independent trade policy, working alongside colleagues in Brussels, Berlin, Paris and Washington.
This reporter will join a growing team in the U.K. that is committed to finding innovative ways to win our audience’s attention.
The role would suit a scoop-hungry, energetic journalist who relishes technical detail, is alive to the politics underpinning policy decisions and is looking to stand out.
- Co-author a new trade policy subscription service, including a morning newsletter
- Develop scoops and original story ideas, both for the subscription service and for Politico’s free website
- Cover UK trade negotiations and the work of the Department for International Trade/other government departments in formulating UK trade policy
- Cover the implications of trade policy decisions for key sectors and lobbying efforts by industry
- Be a face of Politico’s trade expertise at events and on broadcast media
The ideal candidate:
- Politics obsessive — demonstrable interest in Westminster politics and policy
- Strong track record of breaking news
- Strong attention to detail and unafraid of digging into policy coverage in some depth
- Pre-existing knowledge of trade desirable, though not essential
- Relevant network of contacts, though not necessarily prior experience as a Westminster lobby correspondent
- Comfortable working at speed and developing longer-term projects
- Self-starter with a willingness to work somewhat flexibly
It is POLITICO's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age or any other characteristic protected by local laws and regulations.
Additional Application Instructions:
If you are interested in this opportunity, click APPLY and please send a CV, cover letter and writing samples in English outlining why you’re right for this role. Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the post will remain open until filled.