POLITICO, Audience Development Editor (Brussels)
POLITICO's award-winning journalism drives the politics and policy agenda in the EU capital and across the continent. We are looking for an Audience Development Editor to help maximize that impact by growing our audience and increasing engagement with our content.
The editor will work with editors and the production team to ensure our stories reach relevant readers on a wide array of channels, in a useful and attractive format.
- Manage social media accounts — with the assistance of a social media producer — and find creative ways to build POLITICO’s existing social following (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram)
- Develop and execute cross-platform content strategies to strengthen existing media channels and explore new ones
- Optimize stories with smart SEO headlines
- Engage with readers to create a buzz around stories and events
- Monitor audience analytics to find strategies for improvement
- Help ensure our content is presented to enable readers to see the most relevant content, at the right time, encouraging them to stay for more
- Enhance the newsroom’s understanding of our audiences and how they experience our journalism
- Proactively suggest new ways to reach audiences and test responses to innovative ways to approach story-telling
The ideal candidate:
- Experience building digital audiences and working with web analytics, with a solid understanding of what drives traffic across the web
- Entrepreneurial mindset, works collaboratively and has a creative approach to problem-solving
- Demonstrable interest in European politics and policy news
- Willing to work flexibly to meet the demands of a 24/7 newsroom
- Comfortable under pressure and working at speed
- Close attention to detail
- College degree or equivalent
- At least three years’ newsroom experience
- Written and verbal fluency in English
- Further journalistic training an advantage
- Fluency in other European languages a strong plus
POLITICO is a global news and information company at the intersection of politics and policy. It is the essential online, mobile and print destination for the most influential people in the world. With publications based in Washington, D.C., New York, London, and Brussels, POLITICO boasts an enormous roster of the most talented reporters and editors in the world.
It is POLITICO's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age or any other characteristic protected by local laws and regulations.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click APPLY to visit our site and send a cover letter and your CV in English.