POLITICO, Deputy London Playbook Editor (London)
POLITICO is looking for an ambitious, scoop-driven reporter to join its Westminster team.
We provide non-partisan, distinctive journalism for policy and political professionals in Westminster and internationally. This reporter will join a growing team in the U.K. that is committed to finding innovative ways to win our audience’s attention and will help make London Playbook the first read for anyone who cares about British politics.
This role would suit an energetic journalist who is looking to stand out and is well-sourced in Westminster.
- Author London Playbook on Fridays and at other times when needed
- Develop scoops and original story ideas to run both in Playbook and as longer articles — get more people in Westminster talking about Politico
- Cover breaking news in Westminster and come up with distinctive ways to move stories on
The ideal candidate:
- Politics obsessive — demonstrable interest in Westminster politics and policy
- Strong track record of breaking news
- Confident news judgment
- Skillful writer with the ability to deliver clean, clear copy with a lightness of touch
- Unafraid to experiment, approach stories in different ways and confident breaking from the lobby press pack
- Relevant network of contacts
- Self-starter with a willingness to work flexibly
POLITICO is a global news and information company at the intersection of politics and policy. It is the essential online, mobile and print destination for the most influential people in the world. With publications based in Washington, D.C., New York, London, and Brussels, POLITICO boasts an enormous roster of the most talented reporters and editors in the world.
It is POLITICO's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age or any other characteristic protected by local laws and regulations.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click 'APPLY' and send a cover letter, writing samples and your CV in English.