Yahoo Life UK, Writer
Writer - Yahoo Life UK
Yahoo Life UK is looking for a writer with experience at a leading news site covering a wide range of lifestyle content. The candidate should be competent sourcing, pitching and writing stories swiftly and accurately. An understanding of media law, video and analytics is required along with an excellent knowledge of cross-generational talking points.
This is an opportunity for an ambitious digital writer to have a big voice and reach a huge audience. You’ll be tasked with covering everything from the Met Gala to tampon tax, have the chance to get stuck into audio and video and work for one of the largest tech companies in the world. Flexible working is an option and occasional weekend and evening work may be required. Preferably NCTJ qualified.
- Pitch, write and upload engaging lifestyle news content and original features in a timely and legally safe manner
- Work alongside the Video and Social teams to ensure your content is maximised
- Contribute to the Yahoo Life UK newsletter and podcast
- Help develop and grow the Yahoo Life UK brand while staying connected to the existing audience
We are looking for a journalist who:
- Has a good knowledge of current affairs and talking points including the Royal Family, health, parenting and fashion and can identify a strong story
- Is experienced using a CMS
- Uses data to inform stories
- Is a good communicator and able to take direction from editors
- Has a strong understanding of SEO
- Has experience working with external contacts to obtain quotes, interviews and data
Click APPLY NOW and send us your CV and cover letter