POLITICO, Web Producer (Brussels)
7 days left
- Full Time
Web Producer (Brussels)
POLITICO is looking for a web producer to join our expanding newsroom in Brussels.
This full-time role will work within our Production team, ensuring that everything we publish is clean, correct and visually attractive for our readers.
POLITICO is a pioneering and growing media company that covers the politics, policy and personalities of the European Union.
- Taking great POLITICO stories and running with them.
- Working under tight deadlines to enhance stories with sharp headlines, powerful photos and infographics.
- Preparing articles, alerts and newsletters for publication, ensuring each piece of content is creative, impactful and of the highest possible quality.
- Helping to beat the competition by breaking news via alerts and social media, and pushing stories to the top of search results with smart SEO.
- Working with other bright, driven journalists to make POLITICO’s journalism — in print, online, on social media and via POLITICO Pro, our real-time policy news service — shine.
- Populating and editing the online events calendar for Pro subscribers, as well as generating the weekly events newsletters for all policy areas.
- Experience working in a newsroom environment and the proven ability to meet deadlines are essential.
- Experience with HTML or content management systems is preferred.
- Working knowledge of EU and/or national European politics and policy is a plus.
- Degrees and training in journalism or communications and one year of demonstrated Internet publication experience are preferred.
- Written and verbal fluency in English is a must; proficiency and/or fluency in a second language is preferred. Candidates should have acute attention to detail and accuracy, as well as enthusiasm to be a team player.
- POLITICO is a 24/7 publication and web producers are expected to be available to work flexible hours to meet publishing needs.
- Graphic design experience (Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign), digital photo editing and/or experience with data analysis/visualization/presentation tools are preferred.
POLITICO is a global news and information company at the intersection of politics and policy. It is the essential online, mobile and print destination for the most influential people in the world. With publications based in Washington, D.C., New York, London, and Brussels, POLITICO boasts an enormous roster of the most talented reporters and editors in the world.
It is POLITICO's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age or any other characteristic protected by local laws and regulations.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a CV and motivation letter in English outlining why you’re right for this role.
Questions? Contact email@example.com with the subject line: Web Producer. Please apply, however, via the online form.