MarketWatch seeks a versatile writer and editor to help shape the market's day from London. The ideal candidate would be a go-getter equally comfortable writing and editing about markets, companies and economics, on the most interesting developments in the U.S., Europe and Asia. The ideal candidate has flair, speed, and impeccable news judgement, with an eye for distilling the newsiest bits out of the day's events for our audience.
Essential job functions:
- Covering markets under real-time deadlines.
- Helping to craft MarketWatch's popular, daily "Need to Know" premarket newsletter.
- Editing daily market reports as well as stories on key corporate and economic developments.
- Monitoring major financial markets and spot trends with an eye toward teasing out interesting angles and news nuggets.
- Spotting stories from news partners that would complement the site's coverage.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: BG - MARKETWATCH
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Req ID: 31884