Research Editor - Politically Exposed Persons (Thai), Dow Jones - Barcelona
- Dow Jones
- Closing date
- 29 Nov 2022
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Marketing / Research, Research
Job Title: Research Editor, Politically Exposed Persons (Thai)
About the Role
Dow Jones Risk & Compliance is a global provider of third-party risk management and regulatory compliance solutions. We deliver data, research tools and services to help our clients meet anti-money laundering, anti-bribery, anti-corruption and economic sanctions regulations and mitigate third-party risk. You will join a team of multilingual experts who research, record and update details on senior political figures from specific countries for the Politically Exposed Persons (PEP) content set within Dow Jones Risk & Compliance. You will report to the Manager, Politically Exposed Persons. You will be based in Singapore.
- Create and update profiles of senior political figures (Politically Exposed Persons - PEP) for specific countries by continually monitoring and analysing relevant publicly available sources including government websites, data on Dow Jones owned products and specific directories
- Research and extract relevant data adhering to guidelines on PEP selection, data coverage and accuracy standards
- Respond in writing to clients' questions about PEP content
- Monitor and analyse changes in anti-money laundering regulations
- Write due diligence reports on companies and/or individuals as required and contribute to other projects
- Contribute to workflow improvements and tool efficiencies
- Fluency in English and Thai
- Excellent research, analytical and writing skills
- Proofreading skills and experience in handling large volumes of information
- Sound decision-making and problem-solving skills
- A reliable and responsible attitude
- An openness to different views and appreciation of team diversity
- The ability to manage priorities to meet deadlines
- The ability to communicate effectively
- Understanding of the political landscape in Thailand as well as Southeast Asia
- Knowledge of and interest in politics and anti-money laundering regulations
- Automation skills, such as advanced knowledge of Excel, Macros/VBA programming, Python, HTML and/or SQL
- Education to a degree level or relevant experience
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PIB - DATA STRATEGY
Job Category: Data/Content Group
Req ID: 31882
We break stories, influence ideas, and advance business intelligence and cultural interest.
We expose the events that turn markets, the digital breakthroughs that transform art, the demand that drives invention, as well as the political and societal passing moments and lasting consequences.
We are the people of Dow Jones. From different fields, backgrounds and viewpoints we invite you to join us.
Examine the world and bring it to others.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert