Wall Street Journal (Off Duty), Men's Fashion Editor
- Dow Jones
- Closing date
- 15 Jun 2022
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Consumer Publication, Fashion / Arts, Nationals
The Wall Street Journal is looking for an enthusiastic, experienced men's fashion editor to work within the fashion team of Off Duty, a lifestyle service section that appears in the Weekend print edition and on all digital platforms.
You will work closely with the team to develop and edit menswear stories that help readers understand trends and solve lifestyle problems in a smart, journalistic way. You will also identify and work with the team to call in and photograph relevant items of clothing and accessories or hi-res photography.
You should have at least 3-4 years experience in both print and digital fashion journalism. You must be organized, meticulous, and able to juggle the demands of multiple projects.
- Edit stories to assure that they fulfill Off Duty's service- oriented agenda and meet the journalistic and ethical standards of The Wall Street Journal.
- Cover the menswear market, going on industry appointments and attending fashion shows as needed, to ensure that you are fully on top of the beat.
- Build a strong stable of freelance writers and usher stories through the proofing and fact-checking process.
- Serve as the liaison between editors, art, photo and digital departments, participating fully in the planning of digital presentations, optimizing stories for SEO and overall user experience, and tracking your stories' digital performance.
- Serve as the point person for all story planning and schedule organization matters.
- A thorough grasp of menswear trends and a sophisticated taste level and visual sense.
- Original packaging and conceptual instincts; strong editing skills; a sharp sense of humor.
- Digital savvy, plus experience crafting social-media strategies and SEO-friendly display.
While you may start in this position remotely, you will eventually be based in New York City.
To apply, please submit a resume and a cover letter explaining how your skills, experience and interests align with the requirements.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Req ID: 32370
We break stories, influence ideas, and advance business intelligence and cultural interest.
We expose the events that turn markets, the digital breakthroughs that transform art, the demand that drives invention, as well as the political and societal passing moments and lasting consequences.
We are the people of Dow Jones. From different fields, backgrounds and viewpoints we invite you to join us.
Examine the world and bring it to others.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert