Reuters, European Investment Banking Correspondent
7 days left
- Full Time
Reuters is looking for a prolific scoop-getter to cover investment banking across Europe.
Volatile markets, geopolitical uncertainty and the rising interest rate environment are posing some unique challenges for investment banking.
The role, a senior reporting job within the global finance and markets team, will work closely with banking, M&A and markets reporters across the world to break news and report insightful stories about how the industry and its clients navigate these challenges.
The position will be based in London and report directly to the editor for finance and markets in Europe.
About the Role
As our European Investment Banking Correspondent, you will:
- Break news and lead deeper dives into the investment banking business at major global banks
- Collaborate with M&A, banking and markets reporters to write authoritative stories about the industry
- Leverage sources on major finance and markets stories to break news and lead deeper dives
- Identify and pursue reporting areas that warrant further investigations into the industry
To be our European Investment Banking Correspondent, you will likely have:
- Deep understanding of the financial industry, including corporate finance
- A large book of contacts in financial services and markets in Europe
- A track record of delivering a file of scoops and enterprise pieces
- A strong work ethic, proven team spirit and excellent writing skills
- Fluency in English is essential, proficiency in other European languages an advantage
Please note, the deadline for applications is Sunday 3rd July 2022.
What’s in it For You
At Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
* Global Career: As a global company, we can offer a truly international career and progression opportunities
* Learning & Development: On the job learning and coaching. We also have a dedicated training team focused on the continuous development of our journalists
* Benefits: We offer competitive salary packages and market leading benefits including paid volunteering days
* Perks: Work alongside Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists and a team who provide unmatched, award-winning coverage of the world’s most important stories.
Reuters is the world’s largest multimedia news provider. Founded in 1851, it is committed to the Trust Principles of independence, integrity and freedom from bias. With unmatched coverage in over 16 languages, and reaching billions of people worldwide every day, Reuters provides trusted intelligence that powers humans and machines to make smart decisions. It supplies business, financial, national and international news to professionals via desktop terminals, the world's media organizations, industry events and directly to consumers. Reuters: The Real World in Real Time
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.