Reuters, Correspondent - Israel and the Palestinian Territories
- Thomson Reuters
- Jerusalem, Israel
- Competitive salary packages and market leading benefits
- Closing date
- 10 Jul 2022
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Online, Trade Publication, International, News
We are seeking an experienced news journalist with excellent reporting, writing and editing skills to join the Reuters Jerusalem bureau.
The successful candidate will speak fluent Hebrew and English and will report from Israel, while liaising with the bureau’s reporting teams in the occupied Palestinian territories.
This will be a full-time job, based in Jerusalem
As our Correspondent for Israel and the Palestinian Territories, you will:
- Handle both desk reporting and editing as well as their own first-hand reporting in the field writing with speed, fluency, balance and restraint.
- Monitor multiple news outlets, official channels and social media websites in Hebrew and English and produce exclusives and revelatory work for the enterprise file.
- Build and maintain contacts for breaking news and enterprise stories and help to deliver story packages in the most appropriate combinations of text and visuals media.
- Abide by the Reuters Trust Principles to ensure that the company and its employees act with integrity, independence, and freedom from bias. https://www.thomsonreuters.com/en/about-us/trust-principles.html
- Mentor and encourage more junior reporters and be willing to work night and weekend shifts on a rota, and prepared to scramble when news breaks.
To be our Correspondent for Israel and the Palestinian Territories, you will likely have:
- Fluent Hebrew and English language skills
- Excellent all round journalist experience, with extensive experience of breaking news, as well as insights into business news, analysis, sidebars and the integration of text and visuals, reporting on all aspects of the Israel-Palestinian conflict, Israeli politics and society and wider regional and international issues as they affect the bureau.
- Lots of ideas, energy, enthusiasm, resourcefulness and responsibility with the ability to remain calm under the pressure of deadlines and take a responsible role in a fast-moving text and visuals bureau.
- Awareness - and preferably first hand-experience - of how the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is covered internationally.
Please note, the deadline for applications is Sunday 10th July 2022.
What’s in it For You
At Reuters our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
Global Career: As a global company, we can offer a truly international career and progression opportunities
Learning & Development: On the job learning and coaching with an intensive training package. We also have a dedicated training team focused on the continuous development of our journalists
Benefits: We offer competitive salary packages and market leading benefits including paid volunteering days and a wellbeing scheme including private healthcare and Multisport card
Perks: Work alongside Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists and a team who provide unmatched, award-winning coverage of the world’s most important stories.
Reuters is the world’s largest multimedia news provider. Founded in 1851, it is committed to the Trust Principles of independence, integrity and freedom from bias. With unmatched coverage in over 16 languages, and reaching billions of people worldwide every day, Reuters provides trusted intelligence that powers humans and machines to make smart decisions. It supplies business, financial, national and international news to professionals via desktop terminals, the world's media organizations, industry events and directly to consumers. Reuters: The Real World in Real Time
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Thomson Reuters is the world's leading source of intelligent information for businesses and professionals.
We combine industry expertise with innovative technology to deliver critical information to decision makers across diverse industries.
We are trusted for the decisions that matter most, empowering our customers to act with confidence in a complex world. Bring your ambition to shape the future and we'll show you work with global impact.
30 South Colonnade
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert