POLITICO, Financial Regulation Reporter (Brussels)
Job Description: Financial Regulation Reporter (Brussels)
POLITICO Europe is looking for a reporter to drive our coverage of EU financial regulation.
As the EU reshapes its financial rules after Brexit, this is an exciting opportunity to cover the twists and turns of updates to the regulation of banks, insurers and capital markets.
The ideal candidate will be an aggressive reporter who understands EU financial regulation and has a strong source network in Brussels. The role involves unpicking the detailed policy debates of financial regulation while also being able to take a big-picture view of the politics behind them.
This is an opportunity for a scoop-driven reporter to delve into a hugely significant part of the Brussels policy machine. The reporter will be competing in a space where deep sourcing is vital and breaking news is the primary goal: We’re looking for a reporter with demonstrable experience of covering financial regulation and the sourcing required to be first to the story.
The position is a full-time role based in our Brussels newsroom.
Role & Responsibilities
- The reporter will work in a team covering EU financial services for both POLITICO Pro, our subscription news service, and a broader readership
- Alongside breaking news, the reporter will jointly author a must-read morning newsletter
- The reporter will also deliver longer reads that appeal beyond a core audience, and will be a public face of POLITICO at events and panels on topics related to finance policy
- Reporter with prior experience covering financial regulation
- Knowledge of European policy and politics
- Strong English-language writing skills
- Ability to work under pressure and on deadline
- Knowledge of other European languages is a plus
POLITICO is a global news and information company at the intersection of politics and policy. It is the essential online, mobile and print destination for the most influential people in the world. With publications based in Washington, D.C., New York, London, and Brussels, POLITICO boasts an enormous roster of the most talented reporters and editors in the world.
It is POLITICO's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, gender, age or any other characteristic protected by local laws and regulations.
Application Instructions & Further Details
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a cover letter, CV and writing samples in English using the Apply button. Please note that we will only consider complete applications.
For questions, please reach out to email@example.com.
Employment level: Full-time
Type of role: Specialist
Updated: June 2, 2022
Job ID: 00184