Reporter, Dow Jones - Barcelona
Dow Jones is looking for a full-time news reporter to join its UK companies desk in Barcelona.
The Barcelona reporters fuel the real-time news and analysis service for financial professionals. They monitor press releases, websites and other sources of news and send headlines and short stories on key developments for publication in real time. They are proficient at identifying important, forward-looking detail from a fast-moving stream of information and turning it into informative, punchy headlines and short articles in English.
A major part of the role is to quickly analyse news and the signals it provides to investors. This takes the initial form of short, rapid analysis of market-moving corporate news, followed by slightly longer-form analysis that includes more detailed parsing of the event, and extends to more expansive and thematic items in due course.
- Exercises exceptional news judgment to identify news of importance to professionals, with ability to efficiently prioritise and summarise into smart briefs and subsequent analysis of what the news means for investors, extracting from a wealth of available content
- Upholds Dow Jones standards and ethics.
- Recognizes and responds to the core audiences for Dow Jones Newswires, and their needs and expectations.
- Collaborates with reporters and editors from other groups, including Dow Jones Newswires, WSJ and other colleagues and those in other bureaus and regions.
- Communicates precisely, with compassion.
- Proactive rather than reactive.
- Possesses a well-honed sense of urgency along with a capacity to remain calm under pressure.
- Prioritizes tasks and time while handling multiple responsibilities.
- Has intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn
- Meets deadlines.
- Flexible in changing/handing off tasks.
- General awareness of how a newsroom works.
- Possesses intellectual curiosity.
- Functions well within a team.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Req ID: 33736