Research Editor (Spanish or Nordic) - Special Interest Persons, Dow Jones - Barcelona (4 mo. FTC)
About the Role
Dow Jones Risk & Compliance is a global provider of third-party risk management and regulatory compliance solutions. We deliver data, research tools and services to help our clients meet anti-money laundering, anti-bribery, anti-corruption and economic sanctions regulations and mitigate third-party risk.
You will join a team of multilingual experts who research, record and update details on individuals who are reported to have committed criminal offences from specific countries for the Special Interest Persons (SIP) content set within Dow Jones Risk & Compliance. You will report to the Manager, Special Interest Persons. You will be based in Barcelona.
- Create and update profiles of individuals who are reported to have committed criminal offences (Special Interest Persons - SIP) for specific countries by continually monitoring and analysing relevant publicly available sources including news websites and data on Dow Jones owned products
- Research and extract relevant data adhering to guidelines on SIP selection, data coverage and accuracy standards
- Ensure that profiles are well-written, unbiased, complete, accurate and up-to-date
- Respond in writing to clients' questions about SIP content
- Write due diligence reports on companies and/or individuals as required and contribute to other projects
- Contribute to workflow improvements and tool efficiencies
- Fluency in English and Spanish or Nordic languages is essential
- Excellent research, analytical and writing skills
- Proofreading skills and experience in handling large volumes of information
- Sound decision-making and problem-solving skills
- A reliable and responsible attitude
- An openness to different views and appreciation of team diversity
- The ability to manage priorities to meet deadlines
- The ability to communicate effectively
- Fluency in French, German, Italian or Portuguese
- Understanding of the legal landscape in one or more of the following: Colombia, Spain, Nordic countries.
- Knowledge of and interest in criminology, international affairs, legal affairs or anti-money laundering regulations
- Automation skills, such as advanced knowledge of Excel, Macros/VBA programming, Python, HTML and/or SQL
- Education to a degree level or relevant experience
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: PIB - DATA STRATEGY
Job Category: Data/Content Group
Req ID: 33707