Publishing Editor, The Wall Street Journal - Barcelona
The Wall Street Journal seeks an experienced business journalist to edit specialized content targeting professional audiences.
You will be responsible for editing and publishing copy under the WSJ Pro banner and several verticals focused on C-suite roles. You will also edit and publish newsletters that go out early in the morning U.S. Eastern time, and help manage landing pages and
content promotion on social media.
You should have business editing experience in areas such as corporate, finance or technology news. You should also have a keen understanding of the particular needs of business and financial professionals, and be capable of publishing top-quality content that helps readers understand their industries and do their jobs more effectively.
You must be an accomplished line editor who can spot mistakes and also isn't afraid to flip the structure of a story or ask important questions when there are holes. Full grasp of grammar, spelling and style rules; compliance with standards guidelines; and factual accuracy are critical.
You should be detail-oriented and able to juggle multiple tasks. You must also be able to liaise with editors across the newsroom.
- Quickly and sharply edit for grammar, style, sense, jargon, accuracy, clarity, diversity and fairness.
- Exercise strong news judgment in headline writing, editing and fast-paced publishing.
- Understand WSJ Pro audiences and their needs.
- Uphold Dow Jones standards and ethics in your own work and that of others.
- Meet deadlines, prioritize tasks and time while handling multiple responsibilities.
- Function well within a team.
- 5+ years of experience as a news editor.
- Deep financial knowledge.
- The ability to analyze the data behind a story in real time.
- Aptitude for learning new software and newsroom publishing tools as well as developing proficiency with metadata and in-house storytelling devices.
The Journal's reporters, editors, developers, and audio and visual journalists create important and impactful stories, firmly rooted in fact and adhering to the highest ethical standards. We report without fear or bias, and we maintain a proper sense of perspective, detachment and objectivity in our reporting.
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter explaining how your experience, skills and interests align with the expectations of the role.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Non-Union / A clear and likely Internal Candidate (Employee Only) has been identified
Req ID: 34208