Financial Services Editor
POLITICO is seeking a talented editor to lead our coverage of financial politics and policy in Brussels.
As Europe faces a new inflation crisis, this editor will be responsible for fostering top-notch stories from a team of expert journalists.
Ideal candidates will have sharp, hands-on editing skills, a passion for digital journalism, proven leadership skills and interest in financial services, regulation, innovation and fiscal policymaking.
We’re seeking an editor with the vision to inspire reporters to break news and write authoritatively about the high-level political priorities behind financial regulation, but also cater to a sophisticated audience of insiders for POLITICO Pro, our subscription news service.
The role is a busy, hands-on editing job running one of POLITICO’s flagship subscription products and bringing finance stories to life for a wider audience. This editor will work closely with the editorial leadership team to grow our finance coverage.
The ideal candidate will have a track record of directing global news reporting and an ability to connect Europe’s major financial and economic news with the politics of the Continent and breaking news on policy. The role would suit an experienced journalist who enjoys setting the agenda and has the confidence to collaborate comfortably with reporting teams in Brussels, London, Washington and elsewhere.
- Set the direction for finance coverage and line edit copy
- Manage financial services reporters working on both subscription and free-to-read products
- Generate distinctive and innovative ways to tell stories
- Feed into discussions about how to grow POLITICO’s audience, reach and impact
The ideal candidate:
- Demonstrable interest in financial services and fiscal policy
- Strong track record of sharp editing and excellent news judgment
- Written and verbal fluency in English
- Strong attention to detail and confident digging into policy coverage in depth
- Comfortable working at speed and developing longer-term projects
- Confident representing POLITICO at live events or on broadcast
POLITICO is a global news and information company at the intersection of politics and policy. It is the essential online, mobile and print destination for the most influential people in the world. With publications based in Washington, D.C., New York, London, and Brussels, POLITICO boasts an enormous roster of the most talented reporters and editors in the world.
It is POLITICO's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, gender, age or any other characteristic protected by local laws and regulations.
Application Instructions & Further Details
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a CV and motivation letter in English outlining why you’re right for this role.
Questions? Contact email@example.com with the subject line: Financial Services Editor. Please apply, however, via the online form.
Employment level: Full-time
Type of role: Specialists