Reuters is looking for an experienced financial journalist to help drive our coverage of financial markets and its investors in Europe at a key juncture for the economic outlook and central bank policy. The successful candidate will join a high-performing team, delivering breaking news as well as agenda-setting deep-dive analyses and investigations.
As our EMEA Markets Correspondent, you will:
- Write with a cross-asset perspective on the big themes of the day to produce exclusive stories and a steady flow of analytical pieces
- Spot and unpack the newest developments, with a particular focus on equity markets. This might include explaining what’s behind unusual price moves, tracking trends in key volatility gauges to spotting shifts in popular strategies such as 60/40 portfolio investing
- Get inside the biggest and most influential funds that invest in the cross-asset space, uncover what’s driving their performance and the people behind it
- Build sources across the equity and cross-asset universe, including funds, traders, investors to break news and keep us ahead of the competition
- Be able to step back and write the bigger picture for a broad audience, using graphics, photos and video
To be our EMEA Markets Correspondent, you will likely have:
- An insatiable curiosity and proven track record of generating high-impact scoops
- A deep understanding of financial markets, especially equity markets, and the investment industry
- Preferably an existing pool of senior sources in the equity and cross asset space
- A strong work ethic and team spirit to ensure we deliver fast and insightful coverage, working closely with colleagues across the newsroom
- Excellent written English; another European language is an advantage
What’s in it For You?
At Reuters, our people are our greatest assets. Here are some of the benefits we offer for your personal and professional growth:
- Global Career: As a global company, we can offer a truly international career and progression opportunities
- Learning & Development: On the job learning and coaching with an intensive training package. We also have a dedicated training team focused on the continuous development of our journalists
- Benefits: We offer competitive salary packages and market leading benefits including paid volunteering days and a wellbeing scheme including private healthcare and Multisport card
- Perks: Work alongside Pulitzer Prize-winning journalists and a team who provide unmatched, award-winning coverage of the world’s most important stories.
Reuters is the world’s largest multimedia news provider. Founded in 1851, it is committed to the Trust Principles of independence, integrity and freedom from bias. With unmatched coverage in over 16 languages, and reaching billions of people worldwide every day, Reuters provides trusted intelligence that powers humans and machines to make smart decisions. It supplies business, financial, national and international news to professionals via desktop terminals, the world's media organizations, industry events and directly to consumers.
Reuters: The Real World in Real Time
Do you want to be part of a team helping re-invent the way knowledge professionals work? How about a team that works every day to create a more transparent, just and inclusive future? At Thomson Reuters, we’ve been doing just that for almost 160 years. Our industry-leading products and services include highly specialized information-enabled software and tools for legal, tax, accounting and compliance professionals combined with the world’s most global news services – Reuters. We help these professionals do their jobs better, creating more time for them to focus on the things that matter most: advising, advocating, negotiating, governing and informing.
We are powered by the talents of 25,000 employees across more than 75 countries, where everyone has a chance to contribute and grow professionally in flexible work environments that celebrate diversity and inclusion. At a time when objectivity, accuracy, fairness and transparency are under attack, we consider it our duty to pursue them. Sound exciting? Join us and help shape the industries that move society forward.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under applicable law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
We also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and for sincerely held religious beliefs in accordance with applicable law.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com