Dow Jones Newswires is looking for a full-time news reporter to join its UK companies desk in Barcelona.
The Barcelona reporters fuel the real-time news and analysis service for financial professionals. They monitor press releases, websites and other sources of news and fire off headlines and short stories on key developments for publication in real time. They are proficient at identifying important, forward-looking detail from a fast-moving stream of information and turning it into informative, punchy headlines and short articles in English.
A major part of the role is to quickly analyse news and the signals it provides to investors. This takes the initial form of short, quick-fire analysis of market-moving corporate news, followed by slightly longer-form analysis that includes more detailed parsing of the event, and extends to more expansive and thematic items in due course.
- Exercise exceptional news judgment to identify news of importance to professionals, efficiently prioritising and summarising into smart briefs and subsequent analysis of what the news means for investors.
- Uphold Dow Jones standards and ethics.
- Recognize and respond to the core audiences for Dow Jones Newswires, and their needs and expectations.
- Collaborate with reporters and editors from other groups, including Dow Jones Newswires, WSJ and other colleagues and those in other bureaus and regions.
- Communicate precisely, with compassion.
- Meet deadlines, solve problems, be proactive and flexible.
- A well-honed sense of urgency along with a capacity to remain calm under pressure.
- The ability to prioritize tasks and time while handling multiple responsibilities
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn
- General awareness of how a newsroom works.
- Intellectual curiosity.
- The ability to function well within a team
The Journal's reporters, editors, developers, and audio and visual journalists create important and impactful stories, firmly rooted in fact and adhering to the highest ethical standards. We report without fear or bias, and we maintain a proper sense of perspective, detachment and objectivity in our reporting.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Non-Union / No clear and likely Internal Candidate (Employee Only) has been identified
Req ID: 34855