Senior Associate Editor
New York, NY
Yardi is a global software company providing innovative property management solutions and services in every real estate market. We are focused on providing our customers with superior products and outstanding customer service. We are passionate about technology and believe work should be fulfilling and fun! We are committed to our customers, employees, and the communities where we live.
We are looking for a highly detailed, enthusiastic team player with impeccable reporting, writing and editing skills to write news, features and trend stories, and cover industry events.
What you will do
- Develop, research, report and write news, trend and feature stories
- Write content about beat areas, including news, Q&As, listicles and trend stories
- Manage assigned projects, which may include daily or monthly newsletters, podcasts, social media content, special programs, website sections, etc.
- Edit news and other content as needed
- Generate and develop ideas, leads, and sources
- Attend and cover industry events (written content, tweets, video interviews, etc.)
- May produce and edit video content, podcasts, and webinars
- Manage special or regular projects as assigned/needed
What you need to have
- Bachelor’s degree in Journalism, English, Communications, or related field
- Minimum of 2 -3 years of professional experience reporting, writing, or editing trade or consumer websites, newspapers, or magazines
- Advanced proficiency in MS Office Suite
- Awesome written and verbal communication skills
- Strong research skills and organizational skills
- High internal motivation and the desire to go the extra mile
- Excellent attention to detail in writing, editing, and project management
- Strong project and time management skills and the ability to work effectively in a deadline-driven environment
- Great people skills and the ability to be personable and professional
- Flexibility, and the ability to manage changing priorities
What would be helpful to have
- Experience using WordPress, Photoshop, InDesign or similar programs a plus
- Experience with video editing programs a plus
- Knowledge of business, finance, or real estate
What you get as a Yardi Employee
- A great place to work with fantastic people
- Ability to learn new technology and develop professionally
- Annual compensation range $60,000 - $90,000
- Comprehensive benefits – Medical/dental, paid time off, sick time, paid holidays, 401(k), profit sharing, life insurance, and more!
At Yardi, we’ve created a team of over 8,000 employees in over 40 locations around the globe dedicated to making great real estate software products and fostering a collaborative work environment. Yardi is a place where people with a wide variety of cultural and life experiences come together to make a difference. Our corporate culture stresses integrity, respect, trust, responsibility, and fun! Come join our growing team!
All submissions for open positions should be received through Yardi’s applicant portal, accessed from Yardi’s corporate website.