Dow Jones Newswires seeks a digitally proficient financial journalist to cover regional economies across Europe, the Middle East and Africa.
The role involves covering economic indicators in the region, helping to plan and coordinate coverage ahead of time, then sending headlines and quickly writing the first stories and essential updates that provide professional investors with the news they need in real time.
We are looking for a journalist with experience in a fast-paced news environment and a background in economics and markets coverage. The successful candidate must have both a strong sense of urgency and a well-honed ability to distill the market-moving news in economic releases. Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with colleagues locally and in our network of bureaus are essential.
Native or fluent German will be an advantage, as well as other European languages. Applications should include a resume, cover letter and 3-5 samples of relevant news coverage.
This job is based in Barcelona.
- Plan, organize and publish in real time a range of key economic indicators from across EMEA.
- Exercise news judgment to identify economic themes and significant breaking news, and to respond quickly.
- Recognize and respond to the core audiences for Dow Jones Newswires, and their needs and expectations.
- Collaborate with reporters and editors from other groups, including WSJ colleagues and those in other bureaus and regions.
- Uphold Dow Jones standards and ethics.
- A well-honed sense of urgency along with a capacity to remain calm under pressure.
- Intellectual curiosity and the ability to generate regular story and analysis ideas.
- Solid news judgement that allows you to identify economic themes and significant breaking news.
The Journal's reporters, editors, developers, and audio and visual journalists create important and impactful stories, firmly rooted in fact and adhering to the highest ethical standards. We report without fear or bias, and we maintain a proper sense of perspective, detachment and objectivity in our reporting.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: News/Editorial Group
Req ID: 35631