Senior Editor, POLITICO Pro (Brussels)
POLITICO Europe is seeking an editor to lead our subscription journalism in Brussels.
This role would suit an experienced newsroom leader who is passionate about delivering high-impact journalism and has a clear vision for subscription news.
This is a unique opportunity to shape POLITICO’s Pro coverage, the indispensable read for policy professionals working on European affairs. This editor will work as part of the senior editorial leadership team to raise the value of our policy journalism to our readership.
POLITICO prides itself on producing distinctive, addictive and non-partisan journalism that gets the Brussels bubble and those watching from afar talking. Our scoops and morning newsletters drive conversations that matter and influence those making or lobbying on policy on a daily basis, across 10 policy areas ranging from technology, competition, energy, climate and financial services to health care.
This is a senior role within our growing newsroom based in Brussels.
- Driving evolution of our POLITICO Pro journalism;
- Managing a team of senior policy editors running coverage on a daily basis to maintain the highest standards of journalism;
- Delivering on a wide range of tasks, from day-to-day operational execution to strategic thinking;
- Driving discussions across the company about how to enhance POLITICO Pro’s journalism;
- Collaborating closely with colleagues in the Sales and Product department to grow the value of POLITICO Pro products and launch new ones.
The ideal candidate:
- 10-15 years of newsroom experience;
- Demonstrable experience of delivering high-impact journalism;
- Strong understanding of subscription models;
- Highly organized, motivational manager who can work with a team of editors to deliver journalistic and organizational improvements.
POLITICO is a global news and information company at the intersection of politics and policy. It is the essential online, mobile and print destination for the most influential people in the world. With publications based in Washington, D.C., New York, London, and Brussels, POLITICO boasts an enormous roster of the most talented reporters and editors in the world.
It is POLITICO's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, gender, age or any other characteristic protected by local laws and regulations.
Application Instructions & Further Details
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a CV and motivation letter in English outlining why you’re right for this role.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line: Senior Editor, POLITICO Pro (Brussels). Please apply, however, via the online form.
Employment level: Full-time
Type of role: Manager
Job ID: 00272