Energy market reporters Italy
Montel News is looking to hire talented native Italian/English speaking reporters with excellent English/Italian language skills to join our busy newswire as soon as possible.
We are Europe’s leading energy newswire, publishing real-time and market moving news in English, French, German, Swedish, Spanish, Norwegian and Turkish.
The successful candidates will be able and willing to multi-task and work with news editors and reporters in several locations to produce timely and exclusive copy.
The positions will involve writing own stories on the country’s energy market, as well as translating English language stories into Italian and/or Italian into English. This also entails adding relevant context to stories aimed at a professional readership in various locations.
Responsibilities will also include fact checking and proofreading.
Main skills required
- Reporting experience and excellent language skills.
- Familiarity with energy markets and/or financial journalism will be beneficial but not essential.
- Some data journalism experience, or at the least an affinity with numbers, is a bonus as our news coverage is highly data driven.
- Covering the Italian energy industry
- Following Italy's transition to a carbon neutral economy
- Developing contacts and establishing relationships with companies in the energy sector and the government
- Being up to date with the relevant policy developments at national and EU level
- Synthesising complex information quickly
The terms of employment will depend on the candidates’ experience and the location of the position. The right candidates will ideally report from Milan or Rome , with other locations also possible.
Application deadline: 2 January 2023
Start date: ASAP
Please send a CV and covering letter in Italian or English.
If you any queries about the position, please contact:
Richard Sverrisson, Editor in Chief +47 40488287
Enza Tedesco, +34 682683651
Norway-based publisher Montel delivers services to customers in more than 30 countries.
In addition to online news and market data from across the energy markets, Montel publishes magazines and newsletters, and hosts a number of industry events across Europe every year. Montel has satellite offices in France, Germany, Poland, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey, and the UK.