Energy market reporter Switzerland
Montel News is looking to hire a talented native German/English speaking reporter with excellent German/English language skills to join our busy newswire as soon as possible. French skills are a plus.
We are Europe’s leading energy newswire, publishing real-time and market moving news in English, German, French, Swedish, Spanish, Norwegian and Turkish.
The successful candidate will be able and willing to multi-task and work with news editors and reporters in several locations to produce timely and exclusive copy.
The position will involve writing own stories on the country’s energy market, as well as translating English language stories into German and/or German into English. This also entails adding relevant context to stories aimed at a professional readership in various locations.
Responsibilities will also include fact checking and proofreading.
Main skills required
- Reporting experience and excellent language skills
- Familiarity with energy markets and/or financial journalism are desired
- Deep knowledge of the Swiss political landscape and processes as well as the ability to maintain a network with key policy makers
- Covering the Swiss energy industry and energy policy
- Developing contacts and establishing relationships with companies in the energy sector and the government
- Being up to date with the relevant policy developments at national and EU level, including a special focus on Swiss-EU relations
- Synthesising complex information quickly
The terms of employment will depend on the candidates’ experience and the location of the position. Montel offers a competitive salary, 30 days of holiday and other benefits. The right candidate will ideally report from Zurich or Bern, with other locations also possible.
Application deadline: 2 January 2023
Start date: ASAP
Please send a CVand covering letter in German or English.
If you have any queries about the position, please contact:
Richard Sverrisson, Editor in Chief +47 40488287
Andreas Lochner, +49 1723548742
Norway-based publisher Montel delivers services to customers in more than 30 countries.
In addition to online news and market data from across the energy markets, Montel publishes magazines and newsletters, and hosts a number of industry events across Europe every year. Montel has satellite offices in Germany, France, Poland, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Turkey and the UK.