Finance Reporter (Frankfurt/Brussels/London)
POLITICO Europe is looking for reporters to drive our finance coverage in Europe.
In particular, we are looking for people with some experience covering monetary policy and the European Central Bank.
The ideal candidates will be aggressive reporters who understand finance and have strong source networks in Frankfurt, Brussels and/or London. The roles involve unpicking the detailed policy debates of central banks while also being able to take a big-picture view of the politics behind them.
This is an opportunity for scoop-driven reporters to delve into a hugely significant part of the European political and financial story. The reporters will be competing in a space where deep sourcing is vital and breaking news is the primary goal.
These positions are full-time and based in Brussels, Frankfurt or London.
Role & Responsibilities
- The reporter will work in a team covering EU financial services for both POLITICO Pro, our subscription news service, and a broader readership
- Alongside breaking news, the reporter will jointly author a must-read morning newsletter
- The reporter will also deliver longer reads that appeal beyond a core audience, and will be a public face of POLITICO at events and panels on topics related to finance policy
- Reporter with prior experience covering financial regulation
- Knowledge of European policy and politics
- Strong English-language writing skills
- Ability to work under pressure and on deadline
- Knowledge of other European languages is a plus
POLITICO is a global news and information company at the intersection of politics and policy. It is the essential online, mobile and print destination for the most influential people in the world. With publications based in Washington, D.C., New York, London, and Brussels, POLITICO boasts an enormous roster of the most talented reporters and editors in the world.
It is POLITICO's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, gender, age or any other characteristic protected by local laws and regulations.
Application Instructions & Further Details
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a cover letter, CV and writing samples in English using the Apply button. Please note that we will only consider complete applications.
For questions, please reach out to email@example.com.
Employment level: Full-time
Type of role: Specialist