POLITICO, Editor - Finance and Green Energy (London)
- POLITICO SPRL
- Closing date
- 24 Mar 2023
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Online, International, Finance, News
- Financial Journalist, Editor
Editor, Finance and Green Energy (London)
POLITICO is looking for a talented editor to lead the expansion of its policy coverage in the U.K. across energy, sustainability and financial services.
We provide non-partisan, distinctive journalism for policy and political professionals in Westminster and internationally. We are excited about the opportunity to expand our POLITICO Pro subscription service to deliver standout journalism that drives the conversation in Westminster. We plan to dig deeper into U.K. policy and also to join reporting up with colleagues in Washington, Brussels, Paris and beyond.
This busy, hands-on editing role will lead two subscription services — on green policy and financial services — catering to a sophisticated audience of insiders, as well as overseeing a pipeline of coverage for a free website designed to catch eyes in Westminster and beyond.
The role would suit an ambitious and imaginative journalist who relishes technical detail, is alive to the politics underpinning policy decisions and is looking to stand out. It will require strong line editing and team management skills and an entrepreneurial flare.
This is a full-time role based in our growing newsroom in London.
- Lead POLITICO’s green and finance coverage in the UK
- Set the direction for coverage and line edit copy
- Manage a growing team of policy reporters and editors
- Generate distinctive and innovative ways to better serve our readers, expand our audience and increase our impact
The ideal candidate:
- Policy obsessive — demonstrable interest in Westminster politics and policy, though not necessarily prior experience in the lobby
- Strong track record of sharp editing and excellent news judgment
- Strong attention to detail and unafraid of digging into policy coverage in depth
- Knowledge of energy, sustainability or financial services policy desirable
- Inspiring leader who can get the best out of reporters and collaborate comfortably with other colleagues, many of whom are not located in the U.K.
- Comfortable working at speed and developing longer-term projects
POLITICO is a global news and information company at the intersection of politics and policy. It is the essential online, mobile and print destination for the most influential people in the world. With publications based in Washington, D.C., New York, London, and Brussels, POLITICO boasts an enormous roster of the most talented reporters and editors in the world.
It is POLITICO's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, gender, age or any other characteristic protected by local laws and regulations.
Application Instructions & Further Details
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a cover letter, CV and writing samples in English using the Apply button. Please note that we will only consider complete applications.
For questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employment level: Full-time
Type of role: Specialist
POLITICO is a global news and information company at the intersection of politics and policy.
With publications based in Washington, D.C., New York and Brussels - and continued expansion into various state capitals in the United States - POLITICO has one of the most robust and rapidly expanding roster of journalists covering politics and policy in the world.
Since its launch in 2007, POLITICO has delivered journalism about politics and policy making that is more authoritative in its sophistication and nonpartisan perspective than any competitor; that is more useful to people with a professional interest in public affairs; and that is more fun to read for a community of people who love the drama and sheer sport of politics.
The central mission of POLITICO, from birth to our current period of growth, has been to help sustain and vastly expand nonpartisan political and policy journalism.
We all believe informing readers and holding leaders accountable is and will forever be essential to smart governance, regardless of shifts in technology and consumption habits.
Rue de la Loi 62
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert