POLITICO, Energy and Sustainability Reporter (London)
- POLITICO SPRL
- Closing date
- 24 Mar 2023
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Online, International, News, Energy
Energy and Sustainability Reporter (London)
POLITICO Europe is looking for reporters to drive our coverage of energy, sustainability and the green transition in the U.K.
We want to hear from aggressive reporters who are able to deliver distinctive reporting on the policy details of the energy transition, and take a big-picture view of the politics shaping this debate.
We’re looking for confident source builders: you will be competing in a space where deep sourcing is vital and breaking news is the primary goal. Your reporting and analysis will define how energy, climate and sustainability topics are dealt with by political leaders, industry giants and others.
We provide non-partisan, distinctive journalism for policy and political professionals in Westminster and internationally. This is an opportunity to bring POLITICO’s trademark style of distinctive, impartial, smart reporting to this space.
These positions are full-time based in our growing London newsroom.
- Reporting for a policy subscription service, including jointly authoring a morning newsletter
- Develop scoops and original story ideas, both for the subscription service and for POLITICO’s free-to-read website
- Cover the formulation of UK energy and sustainability policy, understand what really drives it and who the power players are
- Cover the implications of policy decisions for industry as well as the political fallout
- Be the face of POLITICO’s coverage at events or on British broadcast media
The ideal candidate:
- Politics obsessive — demonstrable interest in Westminster politics and policy
- Strong track record of breaking news
- Proven ability to develop sources, though not necessarily prior experienceas a Westminster lobby correspondent
- Strong attention to detail and unafraid of digging into policy coverage in some depth
- Comfortable working at speed and developing longer-term projects
- Self-starter with a willingness to work somewhat flexibly
POLITICO is a global news and information company at the intersection of politics and policy. It is the essential online, mobile and print destination for the most influential people in the world. With publications based in Washington, D.C., New York, London, and Brussels, POLITICO boasts an enormous roster of the most talented reporters and editors in the world.
It is POLITICO's policy to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified individuals without regard to race, colour, religion, national origin, gender, age or any other characteristic protected by local laws and regulations.
Application Instructions & Further Details
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send a cover letter, CV and writing samples in English using the Apply button. Please note that we will only consider complete applications.
For questions, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Employment level: Full-time
Type of role: Specialist
POLITICO is a global news and information company at the intersection of politics and policy.
With publications based in Washington, D.C., New York and Brussels - and continued expansion into various state capitals in the United States - POLITICO has one of the most robust and rapidly expanding roster of journalists covering politics and policy in the world.
Since its launch in 2007, POLITICO has delivered journalism about politics and policy making that is more authoritative in its sophistication and nonpartisan perspective than any competitor; that is more useful to people with a professional interest in public affairs; and that is more fun to read for a community of people who love the drama and sheer sport of politics.
The central mission of POLITICO, from birth to our current period of growth, has been to help sustain and vastly expand nonpartisan political and policy journalism.
We all believe informing readers and holding leaders accountable is and will forever be essential to smart governance, regardless of shifts in technology and consumption habits.
Rue de la Loi 62
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert