Economy Reporter - Americas, Dow Jones Newswires - Barcelona
- Dow Jones
- Closing date
- 17 Jun 2023
- Job Type
- Full Time
- Business Development, Reporter
Dow Jones Newswires seeks a digitally proficient financial journalist to cover regional economies across Europe, the Middle East and Africa, and other regions. The role involves covering economic indicators, helping to plan and coordinate coverage ahead of time, then sending headlines and quickly writing the first stories and essential updates that will provide professional investors with the news they need in real time. We are looking for journalists with experience in a fast-paced news environment and a background in economics and markets coverage. The successful candidate must have both a strong sense of urgency and a well-honed ability to distill the market-moving news in economic releases. Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with colleagues locally and in our network of bureaus are essential. Fluent German will be an advantage, as well as any additional European languages.
- Plan, organize and publish in real time a range of key economic indicators.
- Exercise news judgment to identify economic themes and significant breaking news.
- Write quickly and accurately in a fast-paced publishing environment.
- Draw on a depth of financial knowledge to quickly assess and prioritize coverage.
- Learn and deploy real-time content-management and publishing tools.
- Uphold Dow Jones standards and ethics.
- Recognize and respond to the core audiences for Dow Jones Newswires, their needs and expectations.
- Collaborate with reporters and editors from other groups, bureaus and regions.
- A well-honed sense of urgency along with a capacity to remain calm under pressure.
- The ability to prioritize tasks and time while handling multiple responsibilities.
- Intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn.
- Flexibility in changing/handing off tasks.
- A strong sense of teamwork.
- Native or near-native English; an additional European language would be an advantage.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets. Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: Editorial/Journalism
Since 1882, Dow Jones has been finding new ways to bring information to the world's top business entities. Beginning as a niche news agency in an obscure Wall Street basement, Dow Jones has grown to be a worldwide news and information powerhouse, with prestigious brands including The Wall Street Journal, Dow Jones Newswires, Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch and Financial News.
This longevity and success is due to a relentless pursuit of accuracy, depth and innovation, enhanced by the wisdom of past experience and a solid grasp on the future ahead. More than its individual brands, Dow Jones is a modern gateway to intelligence, with innovative technology, advanced data feeds, integrated solutions, expert research, award-winning journalism and customizable apps and delivery systems to bring the information that matters most to customers, when and where they need it, every day.
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 37296
We break stories, influence ideas, and advance business intelligence and cultural interest.
We expose the events that turn markets, the digital breakthroughs that transform art, the demand that drives invention, as well as the political and societal passing moments and lasting consequences.
We are the people of Dow Jones. From different fields, backgrounds and viewpoints we invite you to join us.
Examine the world and bring it to others.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert