Alliance magazine, Investments Editor
- Alliance Publishing Trust
- Remote with occasional office visits, SW4
- £30 per hour or £210 per day based on a seven hour day
- Closing date
- 5 Jun 2023
- Job Type
- Part Time
- Charity, Trade Publication, Finance, Wealth Management
Working approximately 10 days a quarter, the new role of Investments Editor will join a growing editorial team at Alliance magazine – a leading not for profit publication that has been providing coverage of global philanthropy and social investment for over 26 years. With a strong team in place and a strong track record of philanthropy coverage we are looking for an experienced editor to develop our coverage of social investment.
Reporting to the Executive Editor the ideal candidate would demonstrate experience of writing, commissioning and editing as well as a strong interest in, and appetite to learn more about, the impact economy.
- Develop expansive knowledge of the global social investment sector, the people and organisations active in that space and to keep up with the latest trends, developments and terminology
- Play a curating role and provide deeper analysis on what is important in this space
- Produce content with a global focus and for a global audience in line with Alliance’s charitable mission
- Produce weekly short form content on any activity that would fall under the ‘impact economy’ covering the ‘philanthropy adjacent’ space including venture philanthropy, social investment, impact investing, social enterprise and social economy. This will be a combination of news and both self-authored and commissioned pieces.
- Produce one long form Alliance Extra per quarter. This could either be self-authored analysis, commissioned content or an interview with a leading sector figure.
- Produce one piece of content per quarter for our partner Impact Entrepreneur
- Ensure all content is accurate, informative, edited to house style and tone, and delivered by deadline
- Attend global investment focused events on behalf of Alliance and produce conference reports as needed
- Edit and publish content directly onto the Alliance website
- Be responsible for the editorial construction & chairing of two digital events per year
- Build and maintain a global network of contacts and contributors that can bring subject expertise to our coverage
Working with the Alliance team
- Attend occasional editorial team meetings and play a role in ensuring a good level of coordination amongst the editorial team
- Engage with relevant members of Alliance’s Editorial Advisory Board
- Ensure that partnership and marketing opportunities are shared with the wider staff team
- Experienced journalist, ready to manage your own work
- Experience of commissioning and writing for a professional audience
- Copy-editing skills Ability to work independently
- Strong organisational skills, including working with multiple articles, authors, and sources at once in a systematic and coherent manner Intellectual curiosity about social investment, taking a keen interest in current affairs and showing awareness of how global events and trends might affect social investment
- Experience conducting interviews
- Proficiency with WordPress Experience of investments
- Knowledge of the philanthropy sector Familiar with media law
Alliance magazine is the leading magazine for philanthropy and social investment worldwide.
Since 1996 it has provided news and analysis of what’s happening in the philanthropy and social investment sectors across the world. It also acts as a forum for the exchange of ideas and experiences among practitioners.
As well as news and conference reports, articles, book reviews and opinion columns, each issue has a special in-depth feature on some key aspect of philanthropy and social investment, with contributors from around the world and expert guest editors.
15 Prescott Place
Apply for Alliance magazine, Investments Editor
Fields marked with an asterisk (*) are required
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalised job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert