Journalism Associate Director, OPIS
locations: Sao Paulo
time type: Full time
job requisition id: Job_Req_38771
OPIS, a Dow Jones company, is seeking an enthusiastic, driven and resourceful price reporting manager who will be responsible for market analysis and coverage of natural gas liquids for the United States, Canada and Mexico, in support of all Dow Jones and Market Advisory Services dedicated to this important market.
In this role, you will be innately inquisitive and affable, to lead the OPIS team for coverage of the benchmarked natural gas liquids market. They will have a solid awareness of the North America ethane, propane, butane and natural gasoline markets and be the point of contact for OPIS natural gas liquids clients on a daily basis.
- Developing and maintaining rapport with key contacts and liaising on a daily basis with industry stakeholders (Producers, Consumers, Traders, Brokers and other participants) to collect bids, offers, and spot deals.
- Assessing NGL and LPG prices based on collected data, adhering to rigorous Dow Jones methodology and compliance standards.
- Contributing data and industry intelligence to Dow Jones’s daily NGL and LPG reports.
- Writing daily market commentary, analysis, and industry news stories adhering to strict deadline
- Develop strong connection to relevant industry associations
- Give market presentations at client meetings as well as Dow Jones and industry conferences.
- Developing new contacts and relationships within the NGL and LPG markets, attending industry events, and reaching out to market participants to further develop Dow Jones’s natural gas liquids business.
- Regular travel across North America to visit existing clients and cultivate relationships with potential client
- Support existing clients with a focus on increasing Dow Jones's exposure inside client organizations
- Sales calls to be worked in with client visit programs where possible
Skills and Experience
- The legal authorization to work in the US for any US employer.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, economics, business, agriculture, geography or relevant field.
- Demonstrated goal-oriented collaboration skills, with strong diplomatic and problem-solving ability.
- A minimum of two years of experience in a professional reporting or publishing capacity or in an analyst role.
- A basic understanding of commodity markets
- A commitment to the highest level of accuracy and completing all writing within established deadlines.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office Suite with particular experience in Excel.
- 10 years of experience required in energy, natural gas liquids, or LPG markets.
- Prior experience covering the natural gas liquids markets.
- A general understanding of the feedstocks, LNG and petrochemical industry.
- Experience using data science and data visualization tools.
- Written and spoken Spanish.
- Technical and commercial experience in the natural gas liquids industry which could include:
- A thorough understanding of the natural gas liquids market, and the key commercial drivers within the marketplace
- A robust knowledge of product contract mechanisms, margin drivers and production processes
- A practical network of established marketplace contacts
- This experience may have been gained in production, conversion and / or distribution industries
- Must have excellent written / spoken English.
- Must be computer literate, conversant with the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Must have strong interpersonal, analytical and communication skills (written and oral) and strong strategic thinking. Experience of public speaking to small and large groups is an advantage.
- Must be highly motivated able to work with minimum supervision and be able to work effectively and efficiently within a flexible global team environment.
- The candidate must be willing to travel within the Americas and as necessary to other regions.
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of Dow Jones, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees.
If you are currently employed by Dow Jones, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets. Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at email@example.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line and provide a brief description of the type of assistance you need. This inbox will not be monitored for application status updates.
Business Area: OPIS
Job Category: Editorial/Journalism
Union Status: Non-Union role