Role - LPG Analyst/Journalist (Associate Director)
Location - London
In this role, you will be naturally inquisitive and lead the OPIS team for market coverage of the LPG and petrochemical markets in Europe and product development. You will have a solid awareness of the European LPG markets with an established network of contacts, and be a point of call for OPIS clients on a daily basis.
About the Company:
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events. Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally. It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
- Develop and maintain relationships with main contacts and liaising daily with industry partners (Producers, Consumers, Traders, Brokers and other participants) to collect bids, offers, and spot deals.
- Assessing NGL and LPG prices based on collected data, following rigorous Dow Jones methodology and compliance standards.
- Contributing data and industry intelligence to Dow Jones's daily NGL and LPG reports.
- Write daily market commentary, analysis, and industry news stories following strict deadline
- Develop connection to relevant industry associations
- Give market presentations at client meetings and Dow Jones and industry conferences.
- Developing new contacts and relationships within the NGL and LPG markets, attending industry events, and reaching out to market participants to further develop Dow Jones's natural gas liquids business.
- Regular travel across Europe and further to visit existing clients and cultivate relationships with potential clients
- Support existing clients with a focus on increasing Dow Jones's exposure inside client organizations
- Sales calls to be worked in with client visit programs
- Experience in a professional reporting or publishing capacity, or in an analyst or trading role
- Must have excellent interpersonal, analytical and communication skills (written and oral) and be a strategic thinker
- Experience of public speaking to small and large groups.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills, with diplomatic and ability
- Experience with the commodity markets and risk management
- A commitment to exceptional levels of accuracy and completing all writing within established deadlines
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree in journalism, communications, economics, business, engineering, geography or relevant field experience.
- Technical and commercial experience in the natural gas liquids industry which could include:
- An understanding of the natural gas liquids market, and the main commercial drivers within the marketplace
- Knowledge of product contract mechanisms, margin drivers and production processes
- A practical network of established marketplace contacts
- This experience may have been gained in production, conversion and distribution industries
- Experience using data science and data visualisation tools.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy - All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets. Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, email us at email@example.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line and provide a brief description of the type of assistance you need. This inbox will not be monitored for application status updates.
Business Area: OPIS
Job Category: Editorial/Journalism
Union Status: Non-Union role