POLITICO, Visual Producer (Brussels)
POLITICO is a global nonpartisan politics and policy news organization. Based in Brussels, the European edition covers the politics, policy and personalities of Europe. With reporting assets in key capitals across Europe, the publication truly connects the dots between the Continent’s biggest power players.
POLITICO is seeking a talented and motivated Visual Producer to join our Brussels-based office.
This role will work within our Production team, enhancing and shaping our coverage by ensuring that our visual output is consistently creative, impactful and of the highest possible quality.
- Improve the quality of visual storytelling across POLITICO’s coverage on all platforms
- Develop innovative, creative ways to tell stories using visuals
- Enhance the newsroom’s capability and visual skill
- Pitch, research and produce art for POLITICO’s most important stories
- Work with the Creative Director and the rest of the newsroom to improve the quality of art across all platforms, by producing/commissioning art, setting standards, and coaching others in the newsroom
- Help to identify, at the outset, the most efficient way to tell a story visually – whether by infographics, maps, illustration, photo-illustration or photography. Work with the Creative Director to see this approach through to the end.
- Work with the head of Production and the Creative Director to develop workflows in the newsroom in order to improve the quality of POLITICO’s visual journalism
- Lead the newsroom’s use of infographics – by producing them and by teaching reporters and editors to produce basic graphs and charts themselves
- Proactively suggest new ways to tell stories and work with reporters and editors to test those ideas
- Work with Audience Development producers to grow our following on social media
- Keep abreast of visual innovation elsewhere and share this knowledge with the rest of the Production team
- Work with the wider Production team to publish and promote stories where needed
Additional Application Instructions
If you are interested in this opportunity, please click 'Apply' and send a cover letter and your CV in English.