Dow Jones, Content Analyst - German or French (Barcelona)
Custom Research is a unified group focused on bespoke solutions for our clients. This involves unique research which is tailored and optimized for our customers' specific needs.
The group is composed of teams who:
- Research and write high-quality Due Diligence reports on companies and/or individuals;
- Write targeted queries and hand select the most relevant news for My Company Today newsletters
- Provide one-off reports where entities and/or individuals are screened against negative references in the news
- Support WSJ Pro offerings via research and original writing on cybersecurity and other topics
The position sits within the Content Curation subgroup, a global team based in Barcelona, Princeton, and Singapore, which is responsible for creating general and customized views of Factiva content through the curation of news pages and provision of topical search queries and bespoke newsletters in supported Factiva languages.
The Content Analyst, under minimal supervision, monitors specified industries and/or topics, and manages featured content in those areas.
Other responsibilities include monitoring licensed, website, blog and social media content and maintaining data about them, writing and maintaining topic queries for display in the product, and compiling daily news summaries using published information, which may include presenting data in report format with tables, charts and context analysis.
The role of the Content Analyst will be to work on content curation, newsletters, web crawling, translations and any other projects that may require non-English language and industry expertise.
- Monitor content sources by language and industry sector to ensure that Dow Jones offers the best content to its subscribers.
- Write and maintain queries and select relevant news articles for specific clients based on their stated interests
- Write and maintain querieson news and industry topics for displaying relevant results in the product.
- Maintain web agents to make sure that we crawl as much content and as efficiently as possible as well as adding new valuable sites to our content collection
- Monitor web agent health and fix agents as required.
Skills & Experience
- German or French language (Native-level)
- Proficiency in Dutch would be a plus
- Educated to degree level
- Excellent research and analytical skills
- Current news awareness and solid news judgment
- Attention to detail with a fast, efficient and quality-focused work ethic
- Adaptability and willingness to learn new skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to track and prioritize tasks
- Strong customer focus
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing to a global audience
- Ability to work to deadlines independently and as part of a team
- Boolean search knowledge helpful
Click 'Apply' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).