Dow Jones, Data Science Analyst (Barcelona)
Dow Jones seeks a data science analyst to join a department specializing in impact investing, ESG analysis and purpose-driven performance objectives.
The data science analyst will assess structured and unstructured data sources and develop systems to extract insights that will power a proprietary research and ratings system.
This person will work closely with the researchers on the ratings team and the Dow Jones Data Strategy and Market Data groups, as well as our engineers and developers to ensure we're leveraging our data, research and news in the most effective ways.
Preference will be given to applicants with relevant data science experience applied to finance, advanced degrees and relevant certifications.
- Key person when interacting with external and internal counterparts to leverage resources and information across divisions to gather unique, proprietary data for research and ratings
- Full responsibility in serving the data needs of the team
- Development and maintenance of data architecture linked to research and rating models
- Assist researchers in the creation of related tools and systems (i.e. dashboards, tables)
Required Experience and Skills :
- Degree in Data Science, Statistics/Mathematics, Computer Science or related field of study
- Technical skills, code writing, and web extraction experience
- Understanding of key topics linked to capital markets
- Knowledge of Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) topics desired but not essential
- Interest in financial modeling and capital markets
- Ability to interact with several mandates at the same time
Click 'Apply' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video.
Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).