Dow Jones, Senior Publishing Editor (Barcelona)
- Exercises exceptional news judgement in editing and fast-paced publishing of breaking news headlines and stories.
- Demonstrates the ability to quickly and sharply edit for grammar, style, sense, jargon, accuracy, structure, balance and fairness.
- Draws on a depth of financial knowledge to quickly assess and prioritize headline writing and editing of breaking news coming in through multiple channels.
- Upholds Dow Jones standards and ethics.
- Understands WSJ's brand, content and various digital and print platforms.
- Recognizes the core audiences for WSJ and Dow Jones Newswires, and their needs and expectations.
- Helps connect the content with the audience.
- Collaborates with reporters and editors from other groups.
- Communicates precisely, with compassion.
- Proactive rather than reactive.
Digital media skills:
- Expert at using different publishing systems and platforms.
- Full command of newsroom editorial tools, metadata and internal coding for Newswires.
- Proactive about proper coding and tagging for headlines and different types of content for different channels.
- Proficient in using technology to enhance speed and efficiency of monitoring news, checking facts, handling urgent stories and communicating across teams.
- Possesses a well-honed sense of urgency along with a capacity to remain calm under pressure.
- Prioritizes tasks and time while handling multiple responsibilities.
- Meets deadlines.
- Understands workflow
- Flexible in changing/handing off tasks.
- General awareness of how a newsroom works.
- Functions well within a team.
- Wants to learn new skills.
Click 'Apply' now.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video.
Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 36 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism.
The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).