Dow Jones, Research Editor - French or Portuguese | State Owned Companies (Barcelona)
When you join Dow Jones you become part of one of the most dynamic news and information companies in the world.
This position is part of DJ's Data Strategy Group, which collects and integrates proprietary data and third-party licensed content, processing more than 500,000 articles a day from more than 35,000 news and business sources in 26 languages.
Data Strategy also provides equity exchange data from 43 countries and creates content on markets, companies and people to help users identify business opportunities and manage risk.
Risk & Compliance is a high-growth division of Dow Jones, a News Corporation company.
Risk & Compliance provides a comprehensive response to financial regulations by offering global, accurate, up-to-date information on people and companies -- enabling customers to meet regulatory guidelines, perform enhanced due diligence, control money laundering and illicit payments, and manage risk across their business.
- The role of the Research Editor is to research, record and update details on companies owned or controlled by governments around the world. These details are required for the Dow Jones State Owned Companies (SOC) database which forms part of the Dow Jones Risk and Compliance business.
- The Research Editor is required to use a range of relevant electronic published sources for each country he/she is researching, including a range of sources carried on Dow Jones's own products and on government/regulatory and company websites.
- In extracting data from these sources, the Research Editor must adhere to a set of guidelines on SOC selection and the level of corporate details required. The Research Editor is expected to deliver the most comprehensive coverage possible while taking care to exclude detail outside the brief. The Research Editor is also responsible for verifying the accuracy of the material he/she and other team members are adding to the database and must follow an established set of procedures to do so.
- The role of the Research Editor is also to keep the SOC Database up to date by continual scanning and extraction from known information sources and by on-going monitoring for new sources.
- Respond quickly, accurately and thoroughly to customer queries.
- Ability to identify wholly with Dow Jones's service obligations to its Clients
- Research and/or editorial knowledge
- Fluency in English and French or Portuguese; proficiency in other languages is an advantage
- Web searching skills; tenacity and ingenuity in the pursuit of sources
- Education to Bachelor's degree level
- Excellent proof reading skills and organizational skills
- Keyboard skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office
- Ability to handle large volumes of information
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
If this position matches your experience, skills and motivations please click 'Apply' to submit your CV and a covering letter detailing why you feel you are suitable for the role.
Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).