Dow Jones, Research Editor - Latvian / Russian | Politically Exposed Persons (Barcelona)
The role of the Research Editor is to research, record and update details on politically influential people in countries all round the world. These details are required for the Dow Jones Watchlist database, a global reference database of Politically Exposed Persons (PEPs).
The Research Editor is required to use a range of relevant electronic and non-electronic published sources for each country he/she is researching, including government websites, sources carried on Dow Jones own products and locally published biographical directories.
In extracting data from these sources, the Research Editor must adhere to a set of guidelines on PEP selection and the level of details required.
The Research Editor is expected to deliver the most comprehensive coverage possible of specific professional groups while taking care to exclude detail outside the brief.
The Research Editor is also responsible for verifying the accuracy of the material he/she and other team members are adding to the database and must follow an established set of procedures to do so.
The role of the Research Editor is also to keep the PEP Database up to date by continual scanning and extraction from known information sources and by ongoing monitoring for new sources.
Dow Jones' Risk and Compliance business provides a comprehensive response to financial regulations by offering global, accurate, up-to-date information on people and companies -- enabling customers to meet regulatory guidelines, perform enhanced due diligence, control money laundering and illicit payments, and manage risk across their business.
The Risk and Compliance division is part of Dow Jones Data Strategy which produces leading databases, electronic media, newsletters, conferences, directories, webinars, custom publications and other information services on specialized markets and industry sectors.
- Use a range of relevant electronic and non-electronic published sources for each country he/she is researching, including government websites, sources carried on Dow Jones own products and locally published biographical directories.
- Extract data from the above-mentioned sources, and adhere to a set of guidelines on PEP selection and the level of personal details required.
- Deliver the most comprehensive coverage possible of specific professional groups while taking care to exclude detail outside the brief.
- Verify the accuracy of the material he/she and other team members are adding to the database and must follow an established set of procedures to do so.
- Keep the PEP Database up to date by continual scanning and extraction from known information sources and by ongoing monitoring for new sources.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Fluency in English, Latvian and Russian is essential.
- Knowledge of and interest in international affairs.
- Excellent research, editorial and analytical skills.
- Excellent web-searching skills.
- Tenacity and ingenuity in the pursuit of sources.
- A fast, efficient and quality-focused work ethic.
- Attention to detail.
- Excellent proofreading skills and the ability to handle large volumes of information.
- Good organizational skills. The candidate must be able to efficiently track and prioritise tasks.
- Keyboard skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Ability to work as part of a team and to build and maintain good working relationships.
- Education to degree level.
- Positive outlook on change, self-motivated, flexible and adaptable.
If this position matches your experience, skills and motivations please click 'Apply' to submit your CV and a covering letter detailing why you feel you are suitable for the role.
Please note only candidates requested for interview will be contacted.
Dow Jones, Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets.
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process.
If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com. Please put "Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Dow Jones is a global provider of news and business information, delivering content to consumers and organizations around the world across multiple formats, including print, digital, mobile and live events.
Dow Jones has produced unrivaled quality content for more than 125 years and today has one of the world's largest news gathering operations globally.
It produces leading publications and products including the flagship Wall Street Journal, America's largest newspaper by paid circulation; Factiva, Barron's, MarketWatch, Financial News, DJX, Dow Jones Risk & Compliance, Dow Jones Newswires, and Dow Jones VentureSource.
Dow Jones is a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).