S&P Global Platts, Managing Editor - Russia Commodities & Energy News (Moscow)
You will create and oversee content creation in Russia, including in-depth analysis/features, breaking news and digital media such as blogs, podcasts and videos focused across the commodities and energy sectors.
You will analyze data and collaborate with regional colleagues and market reporters to create unique and insightful content.
Maintain Platts' high journalistic standards, practices and policies and ensure editorial quality in keeping with the Platts content transformation strategy and News Essentials.
The Career Opportunity:
This is an opportunity to shape Platts’ coverage of Russia – a country which is at the center of world energy and commodities markets.
You will be in a position to create strong content and have the opportunity to cover industry events, guide colleagues on Russian content, and collaborate with global news and market reporters.
The Team / The Business:
The global commodities and energy news team works closely together in what can be a fast-paced environment. You’ll work with the regional commodity heads of news along with other news and market reporters/editors.
Strong English language editing, writing and reporting skills; Strong written and spoken communication skills; Data analysis capabilities; Industry knowledge and established contacts; Excel skills; Russian language skills are essential.
Develop Russian news and analysis content
- As a manager, you will ensure that Russian news is timely, unique and relevant. Reporting to the head of news in EMEA, you will be responsible for creating content and presenting it in a way that has maximum impact. You will conduct forward planning of event and story coverage for Russia.
- You will be required to think innovatively on how best to present the content to make it impactful and reader friendly. This could involve the use of infographics, charts, tables and digital story telling etc.
- You will be required to collaborate with regional stringers, market reporters and other members of the news team to generate and drive content. This could be in the form of further analysis of developing news and/or writing features and columns. You will also be required to pull together information provided by different team members and weave it into a news story.
Advance efforts to establish a strategic approach to news
- Continuously evaluate editorial content, determine what has relevance to readers and develop value-added news/information. Analyze market issues and look for news and enterprise story opportunities. Build familiarity with outcomes of Platts’ various news offsites and strategy projects. Develop and maintain productive relationships with a broad base of key industry sources.
- You will be required to craft thought leadership content and be required to lead and/or contribute to special reports on Russia and other resources relevant subjects. You will also be expected to manage a small team.
About S&P Global Platts
At S&P Global Platts, we provide the insights; you make better informed trading and business decisions with conviction.
We’re the leading independent provider of information and benchmark prices for the commodities and energy markets. Customers in over 150 countries look to our expertise in news, pricing and analytics to deliver greater transparency and efficiency to markets. S&P Global Platts coverage includes oil and gas, power, petrochemicals, metals, agriculture and shipping.
S&P Global Platts is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence.
Click 'APPLY' now.
For more information, visit platts.com.
To all recruitment agencies:
S&P Global does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward such resumes to any S&P Global employee, office location or website. S&P Global will not be responsible for any fees related such resumes.