EDM Publications, Chief Digital Editor (Munich)
Chief (or Deputy) Digital Editor for an English-language business publication in Munich
EDM Publications, a well-established international business news and information service addressing decision-makers, is looking for an experienced digital editor who can write in English perfectly and who wants to make a name for himself or herself as an industry expert and thought leader in a particular sector.
The editor must have the vision and autonomy to drive growth of the publication optimizing content creation and revenue streams.
He or she should be available every day and starting eventually on a part-time basis. Willingness to be located in Munich sooner or later.
- 5 - 10 or more years of work in a senior editorial role at a financial publication (eg. Wall Street Journal or Bloomberg, Reuters), covering sporting goods, fashion or other FMG
- Must have experience managing editorial teams from editorial planning, content creation to multichannel publishing (Website, Magazine, Newsletter, Social Media)
- Strong understanding of CMS platforms and digital publishing for B2B publishers (website and magazine/newsletter publishing)
- Entrepreneurial spirit with product vision who believes in what EDM is building and wants to help lead our success
- Experience in producing content for a membership or paywall offering
- Strong understanding of digital media, SEO, social media and online content strategy and executing content strategies in coordination with overall business and audience development goals
- Success with developing and executing new strategies to grow audience reach
- Degree in journalism, communication science, marketing or similar education
- Affinity to digital trends and innovations
- Should be willing to relocate to Munich sooner or later
- Familiar with Indesign
- Very good knowledge of spoken and written English, possibly American business English
- Exceptional communicator
- Working knowledge of the key players, trends and value chain in the sporting goods industry / FMG
- Knowledge of data analytics knowledge and data analytics systems such as Tableau
- Experience in moderating conferences
- Understanding of other languages (eg German, Italian, French, Spanish)
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Be an integral part of shaping the future of our company as a leading industry information resource
- Lead a multi-national editorial (freelance) team
- Develop and execute multichannel content / publishing strategies focused on growing our core audience and providing value to our subscribers/members
- Write, interview, edit, create, manage, envision content (incl preparation of pictures, graphs, tables, infographics applicable for the website, the newsletters and social media channels like Linkedin)
- Plan and develop new content such as lead articles, news briefs, expert interviews, expert guest contributions, best practices / case studies, data analysis and reports, and more
- Create multimedia content including videos and podcasts
- Develop free, SEO-optimized content based on keyword/why question-research to grow our audience
- Command of newsroom publishing tools, metadata and visual storytelling devices, or willingness to develop them
- Analysis of the reading habits of our users and research of topics relevant to the target group
- Continuous optimization of headings, teasers and images in A / B testing
- Support image research for comprehensive, inspiring storytelling.
- Familiar with producing outstanding content based on audience analysis (predictive content; evergreen content)
Apply by completing the application form below.
Apply for EDM Publications, Chief Digital Editor (Munich)
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly