Highsnobiety, Copy Chief (Berlin)
Highsnobiety is looking for a diligent and dedicated copy chief to join the editorial team in Berlin.
The ideal candidate is a native-level English speaker, has 4+ years’ professional experience editing both print and digital, and a deep understanding of Highsnobiety’s brand and content.
Strong writing skills are a must, as is experience working in a fast-paced environment, and a proven track record of improving copy through constructive criticism and feedback.
Highsnobiety is a digital media, global entertainment brand that inspires young men to lead their most stylish and culturally relevant lives by covering news and trends in fashion, sneakers, music, art, and entertainment.
Reaching 10+ million men each month, Highsnobiety is both an influential and fast growing, award winning media company.
- Copy edit and proofread various types of content, including articles, scripts, and social media captions, but with priority given to long-form content
- Uphold the highest standards of style and writing (grammar, spelling, syntax, diction, and punctuation)
- Ensure all content is accurate through diligent fact-checking
- Ensure all content is consistent with house style
- Collaborate with other key stakeholders to evolve and manage the editorial style guidelines
- Provide regular feedback to ensure best practices are upheld and writing standards are constantly improving
- 4+ years’ copy editing experience in a professional capacity, with experience working as a sub-editor for established commercial print magazines an advantage
- Impeccable grasp of US English style, usage, grammar, and punctuation
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Extreme attention to detail
- Ability to write engaging headlines that drive traffic
- Proven ability to work to deadlines, as well as prioritize tasks and work well under pressure
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative team environment
- Understanding of fashion, street culture, and the Highsnobiety brand
What we offer:
- Motivating, international and creative work atmosphere
- High degree of responsibility, creativity, originality, independence and creative leeway
- Compensation in line with market
- Attractive employee benefits (e.g. monthly company events, sport courses, German classes and various discounts)
- Ability to gain skills at the cutting edge of the global media and advertising landscape
If you think you’re a good fit for the position, please complete the application form below to send a CV and cover letter detailing your background, experience, and why you’d like to work with us.
*ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT PORTFOLIO OR OTHER WORK EXAMPLES TO BE CONSIDERED.
Highsnobiety is a global community of independent-minded creatives & professionals: Every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression or genetic information.